Assetto Corsa Comp 2022 ACC GT3 series 3

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

The dates are now set for series 3 of the SRO ACC GT3 Championship series 3, the summer series.
    Round 1 start date is Saturday July 30th with 5 events following, bi-weekly for a total of 6 races.
    Our numbers are already down & with the dog days of summer here for most of us this series will be 60 min races with 1 mandatory pit stop /4 tire change.
    This series will feature the "Pit Window" where the compulsory pit stop must be made, the pit window will be open for 10 min.
    You may enter the pits at any time for repairs but these will not count as your 'mandatory stop' unless it's within the pit window.
    The tracks are not yet set & this gives you all a chance to request/suggest the tracks for series 3. I would like to see some tracks from the latest DLC but I know not everyone has these yet & I don't want to limit what is already a small participation level :confused::rolleyes:.. But hopefully this will change ..
    The series will also be 'Live Broadcast' if we have enough participants! So spread the news! It will be posted on FB and also Grid Finder..
    So, let's here it for the track suggestions!!
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2022.05.09 - 11.53.07.20.jpg

2. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Sadly I can't make the first race cause I'm on holiday and probably can't make the 3rd race either for the same reason. School holidays season for me.
    Not keen on the tiny pit window, that really reduces the strategic opportunities. I don't mind a window, but make it a lot bigger so we can play with strategy.

Track wise, I would love to do COTA and Watkins from the new DLC. COTA is an amazing track for hotlapping AND racing and haven't raced Watkins since my iRacing days. Would also like to see Donington Park and Monza (as actually I haven't don that one in a long time believe it or not!).

Would also like to see more wet weather! :-D

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Thx for the feed back;) ..Thats what the forum is for ..
    As for the pit window, I'm open to change it, the reason I made it so small to start is because the race is only 60 min ....

4. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Really the DLC is just two tracks, Cota and Indy and would like to drive those. suzuka never gets much use either.

Starting from Spa last time out i was thinking there really isnt much strategy..... split it in half is the only real optimal plan... whether its 60 or 90mins. You could run a full tank and stretch the first stint then run lighter and quicker in a short stint is also an option... so what if you had we did two stops?

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

I normally run 50/30 on my fuel which gives me chance to run longer, shorter or stop in the middle, based on traffic, what my tyres are like etc. I generally like to run a longer first stint to have a really quick car in the second stint, but damage and other factors can change that, but I don't like being restricted to MUST stop at half distance cause then you're just stuffed on any kind of different strategies. I don't agree that 50/50 is the perfect strategy. It would be if you were running on your own.

Adding variable weather really helps mix up the strategy too, because then you tend to put more fuel in to start with so that you have more chance to change tyres onto wets or drys at a time that suits you rather than when your pit stop is scheduled.

6. Rob Milliken

This is exactly why I don't like using the pit window at all :D & you can see we have never used one here with the exception of the very first series we ran when ACC launched ..
    I just wanted to mix things up while using the actual rules from the real life championship ..
    The more i think about it the more I don't want to use it at all .. I think simply forcing a pit stop is enough and allows the strategies to be a bit more improv ...
    I also think having the new tracks will be a nice fresh change. I only hope we get enough players that have bought the DLC as are numbers are already low ..o_O:rolleyes:

7. Rob Milliken

Series is now open for registration..
    Format explained in genral info..