Assetto Corsa Comp ACC GT3 2022 series 2

Discussion in 'ACC 2022 GT3 Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

ACC SERIES 2 22'.jpg
    Registration

Welcome to series 2 of the ACC GT3 SRO Championship!
    As we move through the 2022 season things will be changing!
    In this round of 6 the race lengths have increased 15 minutes for a total race time of 75 minutes!
    Also, following early on suggestions from the forum posts, this round will feature an endurance race of 120 minutes!
    This round's endurance race will be a simulated 24hr race at Spa! 120 minutes with time excel to produce a day/night/day transition
    giving us an afternoon start, a night portion, followed by a mid-morning next day finish!
    Also, the entire series will be LIVE BROADCAST by yours truly:)

Series 2 events

Sat Apr 23, 2022 19:20 Round 1 Silverstone
    Sat May 7, 2022 19:20 Round 2 Zandvoort
    Sat May 21, 2022 19:20 Round 3 Spa 'Endurance'
    Sat Jun 4, 2022 19:20 Round 4 Laguna Seca
    Sat Jun 18, 2022 19:20 Round 5 Kyalami
    Sat Jul 2, 2022 19:20 Round 6 Barcelona

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Pro Driver

I follow for a long time when you think of organizing GT3 races in ACC to be on Sunday or at least in the work week. let’s say I see that Thursday is free because Sunday is full. I don't know who drives races on Saturday nights. you destroy such a quality simulation by driving it on Saturday nights. that the other day, there will be more registered drivers. me first.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Assetto Corsa Comp - ACC Weeknight racing poll! | Sim Racing Online

4. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I remember when we had 20+ drivers on saturday night!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Sounds good, I think I will finally take a different car for a change too :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Yeah, i always pick a different car each season, so it's decision time. Maybe the Merc this time, or the BMW M4, as I've barely driven that so far.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

The maclaren is the only car that seems better after v1.8 all others i am struggling on the tyres after 10mins...

Even paying for coach Daves setups didnt't really transform it much!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

I'd offer an opinion on those but I try to be a nice guy :p

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

Have you watched any of Aris’s videos on how the tires work after the update for ACC? Its pretty amazing how they are modeled after the real cars using real time data from the tire manufacture & drivers.. he talks abou how i important the firs 10 min are to get the most out of the tire fir the entire stent etc… its worth the time watching it !

10. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

I've not seen that, where would I find it?

11. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I've used VRS in the past for iracing... I'm not afraid to look where i can for guidance and trying to understand setups... sometimes they make no sense but work! I don't have time to run through every setting min max to understand how it changes things.

For example just spent some time in the lambo at nurburgring.... Only way i can get the front end to not washout all the time is to run the bump dampers down low, shouldnt work, didnt before 11.8, or in RL but does....

Is the new Audi allowed? Do we want to assume everyone has the DLC?

12. Rob Milliken

All the new cars have been added to the database, so unless there is a HUGE unfair advantage all cars are eligible.. ;)

13. Rob Milliken

He has quite a few videos & I watched it a month ago or so & can't remember exactly what one it was in. If you do a YouTube search for "Aris. drives" you will see them all!
    but I think it was this one:

This ones pretty good as well but i can't find the part i was mentioning :rolleyes: without searching them all lol

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

cool thanks, I did find his videos after you said but it just wasn't clear which one ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Interesting, I just tried the Lambo Evo at Silverstone, and kinda similar problem - the front is just too stiff and washes out mid turn / exit. Less front spring , a bit more clearance to bump stop (and a lot less of that in the rear), less diff preoload and away we go, now its faster than the mclaren...

Then I tried the M4

I think it needs to be banneded for being too darn fast. I was under the impression it was fixed with BOP in the last couple of updates but I was doing silly lap times compared to any other car in the first laps of driving it :eek: (j/k about banning, but 1.25s faster than the porsche is just dumb)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

OMG just realsied its this weekend.... thought it was the following one.....

17. Rob Milliken

Yes, it's coming quickly! We need a few more drivers!! Call all your friends! :D

18. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Friends?

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

Hi Guys, sorry but I think I cant make it this season.
    Workload is too high and so many other appointments throughout the weekends for the next weeks till July, thereof I believe I can't make it :/
    @Rob Milliken: I'll stay singned up for the events if its fine for you, but it's more likely I that I am not able to join the races.
    hopefully cya soon,
    cheers Christian

• Like Like x 1
  20. Andy Tomlinson

Andy Tomlinson Pro Driver

Anyone else having a server issue with ACC?

I've tried other games and they are running fine, even Star Citizen which is notorious for server problems.

ACC has a constant disconnect in the multiplayer menu at the moment.