Assetto Corsa Comp ACC GT3/GT4 Multi Class Speical Event

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

resize3.jpg Registration

Join us Saturday Aug 29th for a Special Multiclass Event !
    60 min @ Misano
    featuring the ACC GT3/GT4 cars
    Live broadcast on the SRO YouTube channel
    by our own Eike Sky !
    50 slots !

(this event is a test event for future series open to any & all sro members !)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

hmm might try a GT4 out for this, not used them in anger yet :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

For those who don't have the GT4 DLC, I am pretty sure you can still join this event in the GT3 class.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I was on open servers against GT4's before I bought the pack so yes they can Andrew :)

I've entered although I'm not absolutely certain yet as it's a Saturday....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

anyone have a clue what is a decent GT4 time around Misano to aim for? Got no benchmark at moment. I've not even tried the various GT4's out properly yet! :eek: just a handful of laps in a couple of them.

6. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Is the qualy/race time in GMT?
    Qualify Time 19:00 (30 min)
    Race Time 19:30

So 8pm/8:30pm UK time?

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

yes Simon 8.30pm uk time for race

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rob Milliken

@Mark Johnson , so its very strange but somehow your result race name keeps changing ? :rolleyes: in the results I sometimes see markjohnson & the next time it will say markjonzo .. this crashes the results software , so I get mark H to fix it using the name that appeared for that session .. But I'm wondering why it keeps changing ? it was fine for Saturdays results but crashed Tuesdays results ..?
    Anyway that's why there was a delay in posting final results .
    Results are now up !
    Thanks ..

9. Rob Milliken

Servers Up !
    We need more drivers !
    Go tell all your friends & there wives (so they get permission lol) free mani-petti's for the girls ! (that's nails & toes painted for those that don't already know ):D

10. Andrew Williams

This test race deserves 30+ drivers on the grid.

With only 14 registered, there is no way SRO is going to run an ACC multiclass championship in the near future.

Such a Shane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

No worries Andrew , Im happy testing with a smaller group anyway regarding result files :eek:
    and with 14, as long as its not to lopsided, its still a lot of action !
    & Im having a lot of fun with these GT4's !:)

12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I don't think it helps that this is a Saturday evening and a lot of places now have relaxed lockdown rules - this is a one-off for me, there's absolutely no way I'd regularily compete on a Saturday.

13. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

Livestream link is up. That's right, you've got to be on your best behaviour or I'll shout at you! ;)
    Also, I will be in the SRO discord https://simracingonline.co.uk/discord ready and waiting to accept post-race, or even mid-race interviews. Just make sure you've selected the race car reaction at the bottom of the post in the Discord otherwise you won't see the waiting room for interviews!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Rob Milliken

Ok guys & dolls the PW is staying the same for the test so you already know what it is !
    The long Q is open meaning you can crash & exit & go again ..the "No esc in Q rule" is removed for this test event !
    Thanks !

15. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

well that was a total screw up. I picked the Aston GT4 (dark blue with yellow accents) as my car for the race but for what ever reason i was given the red gt3 version. Daft thing was i didnt even notice until a few laps into the race when i saw how far back the rest were dropping behind me. I hadnt even used my gt3 setup, thought i was in a gt4 so just used the aggressive setup. Hadnt paid attention to laptimes, just thought great i'm 4th, fastest of the gt4's :rolleyes: i should have twigged the dash screen was wrong. Strange thing was, even when i parked up and quit the blue Gt4 was still selected in my multiplayer lobby so assume something game/server side switched my car. Blinking annoying as wanted to test the gt4's in anger. I hadnt even bothered racing the other gt3's as thought they were in a different race and assumed the rest of you had an incident at T1 hence my lead and i was cruising to save my tyres :confused::D
    :oops: oh dear....

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That was massive fun - decided to risk it and take the Masser despite it having no driving aids (you have to drive it very differently to the other GT4's, almost like a real car ;) ) as I just love the epic thunder of the downshifts and the general sing-song nature of the engine itself.
    The biggest problem with no aids is that it's a lot easier to mess up in a stupid way. In qualifying I got off to a bad start by modifying my qually setup, that made me at least .5 slower :rolleyes:
    After 15 minutes I went back in and reversed my changes, on my first flyer I was 0.3 faster, on my second flying lap I locked a front tire and ran wide - destroyed that lap..
    The lap after I was over 0.7 under, that was enough for (GT4) pole by a tenth or 2, I was distracted by a slower GT4 car (Not your fault, you moved well over) and made a mistake braking into Curva Del Carro. Again that ruined my lap.
    While I did managed to get to within 0.5 of Pole my tires had started going off a bit and I was in a bad headspace by this point, so 3rd was as good as I'd get!

At the start I was ultra careful as I knew I was a time bomb waiting to happen if the field braked very suddenly ahead, as a result I was mugged somewhat in the opening lap and ended up much further back than I wanted to be.
    But once going the Maserati started to warm up and then suddenly it just turned on, after a few tweaks on the brake bias I suddeny had a car that did whatever I asked of it and thanks to the lack of electronics, it didn't argue when I wanted to do something rough. As a result I was able to make up considerable time in sector 3 where the 'clever' cars were all fighting wheel spin over the kurbing and slowing their drivers down :D

By about the 40 minute mark that advantage was well and truly gone, Johnny had not only ceased retreating backwards from me but was now starting to claw his way back up, especially in sectors 1 and 2 where he was gaining by half a second every lap.
    I would than regain most if not all of that drop in sector 3 but every little mistake was costing me big time, and as tire quality went away the mistakes became much more frequent.
    Eventual I fluffed it enough times to allow Johnny to get alongside shortly after having been lapped by the lead GT3's, it was bloody hard work fighting back while keeping it clean and not over-driving my very 2nd hand tires. Hopefully it was as clean a fight as I thought from in car, I was trying to leave loads of room so that if I had a wobble I wouldn't simply ram you while collecting it - no idea if I exceeded track limits much, although the game didn't argue so I'm guessing I was aright :)

Well done to the GT3 field, I didn't get clobbered by anyone and don't think I held you lot up too much either - despite my fight with Johnny. No idea who won though!
    I think Roberto managed 3rd in GT4?

If we can get a good sized grid then hour long mixed grid races could be epic fun (Or 1.5Hr as per the current GT3 season).
    The GT4's are fantastic fun to drive, much more like a proper car than the GT3's, so please make use of then in the future! (Just not on Saturdays :p )

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tel Martin

Tel Martin Pro Driver

Hi people :)
    I was hoping to get signed up in time to have a session tonight, but I have only just been given posting permissions.
    I would like to sign up if for this test series if it is still open. I have registered on the appropriate place (I think).
    I am still fairly new to ACC and the wheel, but have been playing every version of forza since the F2 on the Xbox360.
    That said I am not very fast, but try to keep out of the way of the quick guys and hope some are as slow as me to give me some good racing :D
    I think it best I start with GT4 cars for now.

When You are racing do you all join a race specific chat server to communicate, and if so where can I find details of what software and names and pw of these ?
    (I have downloaded teamspeak as I have seen that mentioned but don't know my way around it yet).

Cheers
    Tel

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob Milliken

Welcome Tel ! this test is over but have a look around the site and find the "championships" tab .in there you will see all the events you can now join as a SRO member !
    we also have a TeamSpeak server and Discord !
    find everything you need in the forums ! ;)

19. Andrew Williams

Well I enjoyed that. First time ever racing multiclass on ACC so I had no idea what to expect or the closing speeds etc.

Took pole, but the start seemed weird here. I'd just got into my 'widget', then the next screen came up where I was too fast so had to lift off, then it was green lights and Taner was gone.:eek:
    Fortunately (for me) he ran slightly wide onto the first straight running over the bumps, so I was able to take the inside and take back the lead into the hairpin.

We kept around a 1 second gap until we met the GT4 cars, where I seemed to start to gain some time.

Wasn't able to relax as Taner kept me honest for the full hour.

On to multiclass - I am usually in a GT3 car getting divebombed by a LMP car, so not really use to lapping the 'slower' class. However I don't think I impeded anybody in the GT4s in the slightest, and all of the GT4s I did pass were very accommodating. (If i did pass in error, let me know so I can learn from it).

Just finished watching the live stream, and I am disappointed that we had to jump onboard my car to save the viewers seeing my " Williams in that bright yellow and purply pink whatever, lilac colour " paint scheme :eek::D:D I'm joking of course. Good work on the stream Eike :)
    Go give the stream a like people. :cool:

As said on the stream, 40, even 30 cars, multiclass for an hour or 90 minutes would be mega.

Congrats winners, podiums :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

I've had the GT4 DLC since release but I have not had much time to use it. The only race experience I have had with the GT4s was a 30 minute race at Suzuka in the Maserati, just because it sounds awesome. I was not sure which car to take for this race, I had done some test laps in the Mercedes but it just did not feel right so I decided to try the McLaren. I was happy with the feel of the car on the default "Safe Setup" and since there was not much time to make adjustments apart from tyre pressures and fuel that's what I raced with.
    I think if I had spent more time testing with the McLaren and got the setup adjusted more to my liking I could definitely have beaten Rob ;)

• Like Like x 1