Assetto Corsa Comp ACC MC GT Winter Championship | Q @ 20:00 gmt |

Discussion in 'ACC GT MC Winter Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys I have a question. Does anyone know the optimum hot tire pressures for the GT4's ? It cant be the same as the GT3's can it ? aren't they on a smaller tire ?

2. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Thank you Mr. Milliken. I'm looking forward to having some fun racing you guys. Thanks also for providing me with the rules.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

I believe for dry tires the optimum tire pressures for the GT4's is 26.5-27psi and for wets its 29.5-30psi. These pressures are close to that of the GT3's but this is because they have tire blankets whereas the GT4's do not. You can always check if they are the correct pressures when you are racing by seeing if there are three bars for each tire as I'm sure you are well aware of. I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Sorry, when talking about the three bars, I mean that they should all be the same height therefore they are equal. If the middle bar, for instance, is taller than the other two on the outside, then the tires are over pressured. If the middle bar is smaller than the others, than the tire us under pressured.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

I also have a cusom livery from outside the game. Is it alright if i try that as well. Like Houghton, i have used it in public multiplayer with no probs.

6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

At this point i will say yes ! But if we see any weirdness related to lag in close battles or anything out of the normal we will kindly ask you to remove them.
    ;)

7. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Cheers. Hopefully it works fine but I'm happy to remove it. Thanks again.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  8. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Confirming what Mr. Morgan said
    27.5 – 28.0 Psi for GT3 and 26.5 – 27.0 Psi for GT4.

And it sure will be fun going into the race with the RSR will no wheel time, gave it a quick half hour spin and realized that the engine is in the wrong place.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  9. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

Please MR. Sander, You don't need to call me Mr. Morgan. Any names fine. what's more, I'm not even an adult. That respect does not need to be shown to me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

11. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

Well they break it down but I guess the golden rule is that if one car is at the others' B pillar, it has the right to be there and therefore must be given room, however the car behind is still at fault for any contact that is not the result of the car ahead losing control.

If you are somewhere near my C pillar going into a turn, I don't have to give you any room (meaning you must lift or any contact is 100% penalty on you) that's the way I've always interpreted it.

All the car at the front has to do is give room if someone is at their B pillar even if that means slowing down to accommodate, but the car in the back is always at fault for any contact if the car ahead is under control. Thats why passing is such a bitch and can take forever, because the guy ahead shouldn't have to worry about anything other than driving his line and giving the other man room if he found himself right next to you essentially.

But eh, what I do know F1 guys complain about anything and everything these days :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andrew Williams

So you'd be ok if I was 20 metres behind you heading towards a corner, braked way too late, had zero chance of making the corner at all, but I was at your B pillar on the inside by the apex.
    If you started to turn in and had contact with my (obviously over speed) car, you'd admit it was your fault and not mine?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

is it still the same password, cause i cant get in.

15. Joseph Morgan

Joseph Morgan Pro Driver

dont worry, i had to refresh the page.

16. Andrew Williams

Just to confirm....
    According to figure 12, that poor White Honda is at fault for this...

:confused:

17. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

That's an straight example of statement in Figure 12: "Car B misses turn-in and continues straight, .... .. .. Car A is at fault for contact."
    So in above scenario, white car should either wait or do an drive thru?

Regarding A/B/C pillar, is that stated in the rules that the car on the inside owns the race line at a certain point?
    In most cases you own the right to your lane, not the race line, where this point is range from 1mm to A pillar on the other car .

18. Eyes closed into turn 1 it is.

19. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

I clear dive bomb is a dive bomb there is no arguments there, I don't believe that's what figure 12 is about.

20. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

I don't think that's the context in figure 12, I think figure 12 would apply if the cars where more or less side by side for some time on that back straight.