Assetto Corsa Comp ACC SRO FKR Next series planning

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hello ACC drivers ! With the 2 current series both in 'last event status' It's time to start thinking about what's next !
    Looking at the SRO calendar it seems Tuesdays are no longer available & the weekends are also full ,That said Wednesday's are wide open ! We are back on for Tuesdays !
    I have a few ideas .. one was a multi class GT challenge 60+ min races bi monthly (every other week) but then I started thinking that our ACC numbers are way down ;-( so I then thought of having ACC racing once every week on that Wednesday with one week being GT4 / the next GT3 .. this so you have the option of either or both it would be GT3's every other week & GT4's every other week making it ACC once a week ..

Any Ideas ?
    Im open to any & all suggestions ..

I also thought of a single make ACC series with Porsche cup or GT4's genneta cup etc .. (put your favorite car here) ..
    The one 'for sure' thing is we have Wednesdays TUESDAYS ! to race ACC ..
    Thanks !!
    *edited after SRO Admins created space for ACC on Tuesdays !

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

The Porsche Cup cars are fun so maybe alternating the Porsches one week with Multi-class the next week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Porsche cup series with reserve grid every race looking from points.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Sadly Wednesday races clash with us srouk drivers like myself, Stephen Wenham and Tim Muttram :( so expect that’s a few of us out depending on dates.
    Wonder why your ACC numbers have dropped? Very noticeable compared to previous season where there were upto 40 cars at races :confused: I think The 90minute races on a Saturday night are very hard to commit to for a lot of people and that’s why a big drop off. But doesn’t explain why the Tuesday sprints have also dropped to half. :(

5. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Lock down ;)
    A lot of people suddenly have to go to work, sadly committing to races is easier when you have the rest of the day to commit to family ect.
    As Mark says, I'm out as far as Wednesdays are concerned - especially given I run the races at present so get to pick stuff which both gives good racing and which I like!

6. Rob Milliken

Well that sux .. loosing half the already smaller field to another event else ware will kill ACC here at SRO so I'm thinking of just tossing in the towel & closing the series down for now ..
    That said There is a spot on Fridays ,it would be my last shot at another series here ..
    How many of you could or would race on Fridays ?

7. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

To the best of my knowledge there aren't any conflicts on Fridays :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

I’d never make a Friday sorry, I’m usually in a pub ;)
    Tuesday was fine and so was an hour long event every other Saturday. But you will never be able to accommodate everyone’s preferred night so just pick one and see how many turn up...or run a poll maybe.
    I’ve had some cracking ACC races here since joining a couple of months ago, so don’t give up :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

That's just it .. the only available slots not reserved are Fridays or Wednesdays for the remainder of 2020

10. Jerry Chen

Jerry Chen Pro Driver

Doh. I just bought acc this weekend in anticipation of racing with you guys on weekends. So no more ACC on saturdays for next season?

Fridays ~may work for me, but it depends on the day.

I'm not happy with the limp ffb though. Still trying to figure how to make it feel closer to rf2 ffb

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rob Milliken

Cool Jerry Thanks for considering racing with us ! ! once you get used to it the FFB is very realistic as well as the shifting & breaking , most sims let you fudge a little in this area with the amazing ability to down shift at any time w/o destroying the trans ..:rolleyes: ,but ACC holds true to the actual cars it replicates & makes for a very satisfying experience once you put the time in !
    Also As for Saturdays I do see a series window that would be following an earlier RF2 event that ends @ 18:30 .. so I have submitted that for Saturday in the 20:00 GMT slot (will be the same as now after the time zone changes ) this would be a 60 min Multi class series ..
    Then for Wednesdays (as that's the only other open day other than Friday) I'm proposing a Porsche Mobil cup championship style series featuring the ACC Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup Cars ! 45 min sprints ..
    Im also open to having Saturdays GT3 only if not enough interest in the multi multi class

12. Alex Sander

Alex Sander Pro Driver

I'm in Canada so I can only do Saturdays and Sundays, as far as class etc I'm up for anything.

• Like Like x 1
  13. For me any day could work, but it all depends on work, so any day can also not work for me :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Fridays are usually not suitable for me. Wednesday is fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

good news on the saturday slot. I would be all over the Porsche cup series on a wednesday too but it clashes with (ironically) our historic 911RSR series! :p:(

16. Rob Milliken

Oh well , you will be missed ! :(:D maybe some dates will line up !

17. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Hi
    Rob I go for you´r idea with a classic UK/champion ship/ Tracks with Ginettas? Wendnesday ? :p
    Not sure the reason for the drop, but we had a hell/warm summer over here in Sweden.
    So I guess it was all over Europe. And we see a lot off news from California with fires.
    Other ACC community see also a drop , from what I can see at the moment.
    Maybe it´s those new kid AM2 and PC3 :confused:

I missed those two other´s you hosted :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

What is it that makes Ginetta's so popular? I often wonder..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Not a series suggestion but some server settings suggestions

Right now it is usually
    Practice - Friday
    Quali - Saturday
    Race - Sunday

There is no point jumping on the server for half hour practice as the server grip will be green (and usually Optimum by race time)

Maybe try
    Practice - Saturday (same time as race)
    Quali - Sunday Morning
    Race - Sunday

The practice should now be at least FAST rather than green

Also, a bit more variation on the temperature. Track is nearly always around 38-42 degrees, so some lower temps maybe good - and may help some rain come too.

Finally, time acceleration - races through the night etc.

20. Rob Milliken

Thanks guys for all the feed back ! keep it coming !
    In other News The SRO Admin all agreed to keep TUESDAY NIGHT ACC RACING going here ! the other event in the Tuesday time slot is an rf1 event so it was decided to keep Tuesdays open for ACC as well !
    @ Andrew , do you have any experience with the ACC server .jsons? changing the day/session is not that simple (I have read in the forums that ppl have tried to do it & I think it can be done But its a bit of a challenge)..ACC MP is hard coded that way to create a race weekend , the only easy work around is to skip Practice and have extended Q sessions for more grip .. & like real life the track is green on day 1 .
    Did you miss the Spa race ? total Day to night time excel event 2 weeks ago & the one before that went into a night finish where the track temps were very cold ...so yes we are on the same page there !

• Like Like x 1