Automobilista 2 AMS 2 Interlagos test event on September 15

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 League' started by John vd Geest, Sep 6, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Automobilista 2 Test event on Tuesday September 15

Objective: gathering data for implementing AMS2 into our result system.

We are currently building AMS2 into our SRO system.
    On September 15 2020 we will do a test event to gather data for the implementation of our result system.

We would like as many members as possible to help us with this test and sign up.

Ignore
    the message: Do not register or post information to this site.

Details:
    Date: Tue Sept 15
    Qual: 19.00 GMT
    Race: 19.15 GMT
    Duration: 30 minutes
    Car: Ultima GTR Race
    Track: Interlagos GP

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is set for the race ! default password , extended practice 120min, 10 min Q , 30 Min Race .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver Donator

Did the test work ok, or do I need to send the files :)

Strange behavior of the dedicated, that first on server is the host?
    Is that how it suppose to be?

4. John vd Geest

let's wait what Rob Milliken has to say later. He is in charge of the test project :)
    I'm sure he'll give a full report :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

First Thanks to everyone for participating in these tests !
    Remember this ds set up is all still in beta as far as the AMS devs are concerned .
    AMS2 is using the PC2 SMS engine so it has the same file structure & even file names ,unfortunately it also still has all the same bugs PC2 has :rolleyes:
    The way there MP servers are set up the server sits idol with the settings we select from the ds menu ,car, track, time etc .. then once launched it sits waiting for players to join like any other server , difference is first player to join automatically becomes host , just like PC2 ,the difference is in PC2 you have a command line to add to the exe -selectds ,this allows the admin or host of a event to build the event on his pc & then when he launches with the -selectds it only searches for empty dedicated servers ,player finds the ds and joins ,this loads the event he created and he also becomes host .. AMS took this feature out ,or has not found a way to get it going yet so we have to change a few things and we build the events on the server & launch it , this is fine but the fact still remains that first player on will become host where with -selectds only THAT player can become host because the event does not exist yet until he joins ..
    So remember if your the first one on you will become host & be responsible for moving the sessions along ..
    Next:
    For this event we have no result files due to the fact its all so new our server provider needed to tweak a few things & next race we should have results working !
    This is why we test !
    Now for the good stuff !
    I thought the game played great & the racing was very good , I did see the occasional tire twitch on the cars in front when they turn the wheel & a few other anomalies but nothing that really effected the door to door racing !
    Next Tuesday we try again !
    I hope you all can make it ! :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver Donator

Maybe set up two shorter races to get more close racing and see how good the netcode is?
    I'm a backer and during beta I tried few mp races, and lets say that part did need some attention but have not done much mp after public access.

AMS2 is getting better after each update, but imo there still a few functional and visual bugs that needs to be sorted before I would consider it an 1.0 release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob was able to resolve the issues with the server and was able to retrieve the result file. Nice work Rob! What would we do without you? :)

Results of the first test are looking good. Thanks to everyone who participated.
    https://test.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/1406

• Like Like x 4
  8. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

What next? Maybe Copa classic, Hot Cars or Opala stock cars maybe one of these slower cars could prove to be more interesting race.

9. John vd Geest

Ok by me.