Assetto Corsa Competizione Beta/Demo

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Anyone trying the Demo here is a place to start reporting our findings & such !
    I will start :D
    Installed it right befor i had to leave for work ! Got threw the set up , (that i have to go threw again) in time to do a lap or 2 but i could not start the car ... lol :rolleyes: i tryed with the little time i had left to find the mapping but had no luck .. lol so now im at work & will give it another go tonight! lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob Milliken

Ok I got it fired up (went back to turn on auto start) not all the menus work yet .. Im testing in 4k rez with everything cranked & I must say the unreal engine seems to power this game with ease .. The thing I noticed most right out of the gate is the seens & backgrounds never ever even hint at any aliasing or LOD issues ..the entire seen is picturesque ..no flicker in the fencing or trees or anything like we see sometimes with AC & Pc2 .. the game looks amazing ..
    AC fans will be happy to know that the Car (1 for now the lambo) feels pretty much like all the AC cars feel to me .. this time the road feel is a little better regarding the bumps & all but it has that "floaty" feeling some players talk about with AC , however it has a little more feed back from the front tires like rf2 has .. If you like AC's feel you will like ACC's feel a little more !
    Ac2 Screenshot 2018.09.13 - 10.38.24.30.jpg check the fence's in the back ground Ac2 Screenshot 2018.09.13 - 10.36.22.33.jpg NO shimmer or flicker or anything ,looks the same up close as from far away ..
    Ac2 Screenshot 2018.09.13 - 10.35.09.90.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Rob Milliken

After a few more laps its apparent that the FFB in this version of ACC has a lot of dampening going on , thus the floaty feeling, still good on my G27 .. I took some camber out and it felt a little better ,, Not the story on the ACC forums , I read on the ACC forums that a lot are complaining about this , It seems the ts300 & Fanatec Clubsport v2 Wheel users are the most effected & complaining .. a lot ! lol ..
    Its beta & the devs are interacting in the forums regarding the complaints so I expect a lot to change by Dec 2018 !

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Same thing for me. So when I found out why I didn't have any time left to try it out!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

You know this is the sort of thing that proves exactly my thinking about these new Sims when they are released, early or not. I've bought it but won't even bother wasting my time installing and trying it yet.
    Why some guys need fresh underwear every-time somebody puts out a publicity release about the latest and greatest upcoming sim, I'll never know. So many books have been written about the Folly of Assumption....

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Rob Milliken

Basically we are helping them finish the game .. no secrete there .. Pluss they get a nice pay check in the mean time .. Can you check the numbers on steam how many copy's have been downloaded ? ? What really kills me are the so called sim experts on the AC forums .. explaining to kunos what's wrong with there game ectt.. its the same 15-20 guys that simply live on the forums & constantly tell them how a real car works and AC 1 was just perfect & now they ruined it & make it drift like AC bla bla .. what to do ..lol I hope thay stick to there guns and use the pro drivers input to dial it in .. IMO this ACC actually feels better than AC but I never like AC's spring board psyx anyway .. I can now feel the front tires like I can with rf2 .. its a little dampened on my G27 like I stated above , but it feels nice .. Aristotelis also goes into detail about how the real GT3 cars are sprung very stiff with a lot of dampers to keep the body from moving around to keep the aro grip working properly ectt… those dampers are fine .Its the FFB that drivers are complaining about being to dampened .. IMO it feels pretty good .. but I have a middle of the road less expensive wheel ..lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Lots of reports of wheels not even working Rob!
    That's not helping them to finish the game :eek:

8. Rob Milliken

Same thing happened with rf2 ,PC2 & AC when they launched .. its buggy as hell .but its also well explained that its BETA ,with pc2 the first 2 days every time I tried to drive my wheel would not work lol …
    & your only seeing the posts of broken stuff so sure it seems like a lot ..my wheel works just fine ..the load/save feature is a little buggy .. Im pretty sure the percentages of users wheels not working is in the single digits compared to the over all players in the beta ..
    & this is exactly how it helps them ! They need to see where the glitches are so if my wheel did not work I would be uploading my logs so they can go bug hunting in the right direction..that's how BETA testing/early release works ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

A good job we didn't put up a series for it then ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

First Hot fix is OUT ! & it seems everyone's happy with the FFB now ..

11. Rob Milliken

Yes .. but I/we would have never let that happen anyway lol JVDG was all over it but I knew it would be a 6 month beta at the least ! lol
    Things are looking better & better .. the first Hot fix has the complainers all praising them now lol ..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

I do love GT3, so I knew this game (mod) was for me. Never bought a f1 codemaster series and also in PC2 95 % of the time I'm using GT3 cars. The same with RRE and rf2.
    Well...I've got a T500, and let's say I'm fine with the FFB. Havent tweaked a lot, but gain at 95 and minimun at 5 makes my day. Never drove anything real but karts so no guru here. Preset graphics are awesome. Rain at night impressive. Dont wanna play arround graphics options at this beta stage, most of options are epic by default. (GTX 1080 and i7-7700)
    I find it extremely similar to RRE when driving in dry conditions, so perfect. Also I love the feeling in rain condiitons that I can always push a little bit more....till I'm out of the track, lol.
    About AI...mmm...imho they are really good at attack role, a little mistake and you've lost your position, also they are hard racing side by side. But I think they are too innocent defending. Made some races and never the driver in front changed the line to impede my overtake. Anyway....who cares about offline races?? :p:p
    So considering all this beta stuff and accesory bla bla bla, its a 9 of 10 for me at this point. ;). Go gor it guys!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Here are the patch notes from the first hot fix :
    0.1.1 Hotfix

- fixed AI remaining without fuel
    - fixed crash caused by faulty recognition of T500 Gear Shifter
    - fixed time loop after midnight
    - added starter and ignition command on Controller Page
    - fixed car lights not working when opponents visibility video option is used
    - fixed backfires and other particles visible on hidden cars when opponents visibility video option is used
    - fixed misleading option values with AA and visible opponents
    - fixed marshal spline detection
    - expanded camera FOV and frame rate limits
    - visual and LOD tweaks to the Lamborghini Huracán GT3
    - disabled saving the discord username for in build configuration
    - slightly increased the retry-interval after a disconnect from the servers
    - added proximityIndicatorsVisible setting to hud.json
    - fixed music looping in some conditions
    - tweaked volume for reverb zones

*************************************************************************************************************************

So is there anyway to set it back to how it was ?? lol <jk> I think I liked the ffb before they made the adjustment .. Now it feels more like AC & the part I don't like about AC ..lol
    The original FFB from day 1 I had a lot more feel in the front end .. now its pretty much like all the AC cars always have been for me .. still ok but It was really nice for a day ..hahahah :p

14. Ken Jagger

I'm not seeing any changes to FFB or physics in the Hotfix notes Rob??

15. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Anyway, this would be very hard to accomplish before November 14th, when multiplayer (basic) version will be released. ;)

16. Ken Jagger

We had some members pushing to put up a series before we even knew the release date ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

I wouldn't start too soon with putting up series for acc.
    imo: Let it mature and when 1.0 has arrived you have all the bells and whistles for a complete series
    in the meantime let's enjoy AC some more for its variety in cars
    just my 2cents

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Maybe not a series, but few fun multiplayer test races, when this will be available, could be interesting for a lot of people.
    And we also could provide some valuable info to developers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rob Milliken

Next hot fix is out ..

Assetto Corsa Competizione - v0.1.2 Hotfix

- fixed T13 track competence problems with automatic gears
    - hotstint is starting at the Hotlap position, fixes timing and exploits
    - hotstint will now allow the last lap to be completed
    - fixed hotstint timing issue
    - fixed stability control option and corresponding over-corrections
    - using stability control laptimes will add a laptime penalty in the online leaderboards
    - minor tweaks for audio voices usage

20. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Saw this posted in another group. Looks like ACC is going to bigger than originally tought.

"During a recent interview with Marko.. the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo was confirmed to be featured in ACC.. other SRO series in ACC will be investigated after the release of the 2019 Blancpain GT Series content, that could include the Asian GT and the Pirelli cup, this could include the tracks that go with them series...
    Dedicated servers and matchmaking too...
    interesting highlight feature for the replay, where by during the race you have a bookmark type button that marks a time in the replay that you can jump straight to, perhaps send to the race steward in case of and accident etc"

• Like Like x 2