Assetto Corsa GT Legends League

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by John vd Geest, Oct 30, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Assetto Corsa GT Legends League

I want to start an Assetto Corsa "GT Legends" league.

The league is intended for people who love racing classic GT race cars. I want to create a core of people who will show up at the races, so everybody knows they can rely on some good racing with a decent grid.

If there is enough interest, I will create a GT Legends forum where we can discuss things like tracks, date's ect.
    The mod version we'll be running is GT Legends V2.0.

The plan is to run this league on a mid-week day round 20.00 GMT and 45 minutes per event.

Mod download link: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/ac-legends-gt-classics.185/
    You need the Porsche pack 1 to copy over some "Kn-files" from the Kunos Porsche 911 RSR. Read the discription in the download.

All cars are pretty equal on preformance OVERALL but it also depends on what track is used. The mighty Corvette's will preform better on powertracks with long straights and the more nimble cars will do better on twisty tracks. Just like in the real racing back then.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

YES PLEASE !:rolleyes: this is a great mod... I've been waiting for this...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Thanks for your support Davide. Now we need a few more :)
    This really is an outstanding mod. I did a few laps on Highlands Long the other day, and it's just amazing how these cars drive.

4. Davide Ricciardi

I had this mod for a long time but no chance to race with it. Cars are all different in handling, and the interiors are just unbelievable, such an awesome mod. Would be nice to have the chance to race with all cars during a Championship, for instance making the car change mandatory. Doing so, not only we can race all cars but the championship will be even at the end. It would be really hard to choose only one car of this mod, fantastic stuff.

5. John vd Geest

I'm thinking of a championship, but the day has to be right, or only a few people will come.
    Changing cars for each round is a good idea but not practical with Assetto Corsa. The admin would have to manually assign the car and skin to each driver for each round again.
    Yeah, all cars have their own characteristics. Some are fast on a straight and some fast in corners. Overall, it all balances out.

6. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

+1

• Like Like x 2
  7. Davide Ricciardi

What about Saturday or Sunday nights? Classic racing it's mostly for old dudes like us John, who doesn't go out partying anymore :D

8. Davide Ricciardi

@Andrew Williams really there is not a way to sort this out easily?

9. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Nope. Has to all be done manually.
    (If editing using servermanager - remove car, add new car, add player GUID to it
    If editing cfg directly, remove car model and car skin from each person, find and add the new one)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Ain't that the truth :p:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Too true.:(

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  12. Steve Olden

Steve Olden Pro Driver

could you just not assign cars to anybody and let people pick their car on entry to the server?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Davide Ricciardi

exactly what I was thinking...
    For instance, there are 10 different cars, If the champ gonna be 10 races, each driver must select a different car each race to score championship points, if a driver will choose 2 times the same car he will not get points for that race. Doing so, everybody will race with all available cars and the champ will be 100% balanced.

14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Could do.
    Davide says there are 10 cars, so could only put 2 of each car on the server (most tracks only allow around 24 cars)

What if person X has practiced in car A for Race 1, but when he joins the server both car As are already taken. (AC server setup isn't like rF2. You have to select which cars are on the server)

Equally, an admin would have to manually check that everybody who races is driving a car they have not used before

15. Davide Ricciardi

That actually would be a great feature of the championship, arrive and drive what is available!! Maybe with the rule that once you've entered the server on the race day, you can't chance car.
    That would be awesome, it will spice things up, and anyway, don't forget that in the end drivers must rotate cars, so the only thing the organizers need to do is to control the list of cars driven by each driver in order to assign championship points.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  16. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

Bonjour, où es-tu avec ce projet?!

17. Davide Ricciardi

Hopefully soon, if you and your mates are interested in this Series, just post below you want to be part of it. ;)

18. Christian Dauger

oui, ça m'intéresserait. Pas forcément à choix multiple, j'aime bien l'idée d'une saison avec un seul véhicule ... comme dans la vraie vie ...:rolleyes:

19. Davide Ricciardi

Sorry I don't understand French :D:D:D:D

20. Christian Dauger

thanks google automatic translated
    yes, that would interest me. Not necessarily multiple choice, I like the idea of a season with a single vehicle ... as in real life