Automobilista 2 Coming

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

ABOUT THIS GAME
    Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. At its core, it is a comprehensive simulation of the brazilian motorsports scene, featuring all major brazilian racing series, race tracks and manufacturers.

Automobilista 2 will also celebrate Brazilian motorsports heritage by featuring some of the country´s most iconic heroes and achievements through its rich history in the sport.

Packing an even larger roster of diverse cars and tracks than its predecessor, Automobilista 2 will venture further into the best of international motorsports, including prestigious brands such as Mclaren and BMW along with iconic venues such as Brands Hatch and Imola, at the same time continuing to explore the more exotic and exciting forms of motorsports from around the world.

Boosted by a new technical partnership with the developers of the award-winning Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 is built on the MADNESS engine, providing incredible graphical quality, the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing simulator and superior VR support, to deliver a substantial realism upgrade and a fully immersive visual experience.

With Automobilista 2 we aim to combine the strengths that made its predecessor unique with major evolutions in all areas. The sim will offer some exclusive features for both single player and multiplayer, which we look forward to sharing over the remaining months of development!

https://www.facebook.com/Automobilista2/

2. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

4. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

I see the BETA early access option is still available on the Reiza site and Im tempted to pre-order it since it seems to offer a discount over the base game and DLC. However, Im a bit nervous as its in $ and I would have thought that when it goes live Steam would have a bundle option which ends up being cheaper in £.
    Has anyone else pre-ordered or have any more info on the Steam pricing? Will SRO be using this sim for future Auotmobilista series when its out of BETA?

5. Ken Jagger

Hopefully AMS2 with it's new rendering engine and capabilities will create more support and demand from SRO members than we have experienced with AMS. Of course it is quite old now, but it can still deliver some great racing for the nucleus of members who continue to use it. SRO came onto the online scene around the time that newer sims like rF2 and AC were in their ascendancy, so in some ways it's understandable that guys were focusing on those.

6. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Yep it does look promising and Id certainly like to give it a go - gamermuscle have an interesting article on it

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ken Jagger

Some interesting comments related to the upcoming AMS2 in this review of a PC2 pay mod.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Driven a few of the cars now. Think this has great potential. The graphics are good but require optimization as I cannot run it flat out in fact no where near and I have a fairly good PC spec running a 2070s card. There's a good selection of cars but some are still very much a WIP. All of the Brazilian tracks are there plus the British tracks and some European ones that appeared in AMS 1 as DLC's. The game is very rough around the edges at present but then this is a Beta version. I have experienced a number of game crashes usually when changing settings in the options menu. Some reviews seem to suggest this is a game based on Project Cars 2 but I'm not sure on the validity of that claim. It obviously does share the Madness engine. I hope this doesn't hold back from sales like it did with some complaining AMS 1 was merely a slight reworking or rF1. As you'd expect Reiza have up the fidelity of the FFB and it is a good step on from PC2 if we are forced to make a comparison between the 2 games. The biggest drawback to this game I can see and will certainly put a load of people off buying it is the lack of modding. I have yet to read anything that suggests that the game will be modifiable. The lack of mods for PC2 rather suggests that this is indeed the case and for me this is a big negative.

• Informative Informative x 2