Back to the black-stuff

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Martin James, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Martin James

Martin James Pro Driver

1. What is your name?
    Martin James

2. From what country are you?
    UK

3. How did you learn of Sim Racing Online?
    Facebook

4. Can your computer handle the newest racing games or only older games like rFactor 1?
    No issues

5. What sim(s) do you like the most?
    Have owned just about all sims at some point, from Geoff Cramond F1 and GTR to AC and RRoom I stay away from the more arcade styles like Project Cars/ Forza

6. What kind of racing type do you like the most (Single class / Multi class) or something else?
    All types

7. What kind of car(s) do you most like to drive (Touring car / GT's / Prototypes / Open wheel) or something else?
    All types

8. What are your favorite 3 tracks and in which game?
    Really tough one...
    Silverstone
    Spa
    Suzuka

9. Do you like short races (30 min) or long races (90 min) or something else?
    Im easy on all types

10. When did you start sim racing?
    Started around 15yrs ago at a basic level then up to admin and moderator level before semi retiring around 3 yrs ago

11. What is the best day / time for you to race GMT?
    Evenings post 19.30

Additional information about yourself:
    Partner and 2 boys, 3 and 5yrs old growing fast! Have a long history with on-line PC sim racing in a number of different leagues holding various roles to support enthusiasts with the same mind frame. Looking to get back to league racing with a friendly group and i recognise and number of names in the driver listings from years gone by. The fire recently re-sparked whilst helping a colleague move from console to PC racing over the past few weeks and now looking to find the next level with more professional racers than the classic public server. The site looks great and have spent time going over the info in the forums etc.
    Will see how things go, I don't have a lot of free time with work and child commitments but i do hope to get some races in as soon as possible and get on the black-stuff with you guys in the near future!

2. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Martin.

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Hi Martin, always good to see a long-time sim race enthusiast joining SRO. Hope you will find some good racing here.
    If you have any questions, let me know please.

4. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Not sure you're the same Martin I've fought back in 2012 for the GT1 championship in a other community... anyhow welcome..:)

5. Martin James

Martin James Pro Driver

Likely, however my memory is not that great..! Have been in a couple of communities for a number of years

6. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to SRO Martin :)

7. Martin James

Martin James Pro Driver

Thanks Guys :) pleased to be here!