Checking In From The Great White North

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Cody Eby, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Hello fellow sim racers!

My name is Cody Eby and I am stopping in to say hello from Ontario, Canada. I live about 90 minutes west of the Toronto area in a very small town. I am 32 years old next month and have two sons aged 11 and 6. I work as a commercial vehicle technician and run a part time business on the side as a detailer.

I have been racing virtual cars since childhood. Way back on Gran Turismo 3 for the original PlayStation. I finally put down the controller and bought a wheel (G29) just a few short years ago in anticipation of the first Project CARS coming to PS4. I have since inherited a used T300 from a racing friend of mine and use that now along with the pedals from my G29. About a year ago I decided to switch to PC racing as I knew it was the better platform for it. Built myself a modest gaming PC and a rig out of lumber which is crude, but does the job just fine! Most of my "sim" racing experience over the past few years has been primarily on both installments of pCARS, but I have also dabbled in other titles like AC, R3E, iRenting and most recently have fallen in love with rF2. While searching for a league to race with on rF2 I was suggested by my friend to check this place out, and here we are......

I am intending to join the Sunday rF2 races that are currently being held here and finally get some other real competition on the track besides just my friend I race with. Looking forward to racing you!

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

A detailed introduction from you Cody and a welcome to SRO :)
    I look forward to racing with you on track sometime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Glad to have you on board Cody. Since you have a decent amount of sim experience, you should do fine in the series.
    Let me know if you need any help finding stuff ect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome Cody.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Thanks for the warm welcome Ken, John and Nigel. Looking forward to racing with you all.

John, I do have a couple questions about some stuff. I am assuming it is mandatory to be in teamspeak server during race events? No Discord channel is used by the league at all?

Also, I believe my friend is going to register here and sign up for the endurance series. He will be running either the BMW or Corvette GTE and wanted to know if we can form a team here despite driving different manufacturers as I am in the Porsche. I would adapt our Porsche livery for whichever vehicle he opts to race in.

Aside from those things, I think everything is good. I will be sure to contact you though if I need any other questions answered which I cannot find answers for on my own.

Happy to be here, looking forward to the series and hopefully more seasons to come after this one.

6. John vd Geest

Being on teamspeak is not mandatory for an event. It's a service we provide. You can choose to make use of it.

Yes, you can form a team with different manufacturers. Let me know what you want for a teamname and I will assign you to it. When your friend joins, let me know and I will asign him to it aswell.

Here is a forumthread that also holds usefull info;
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/forums/how-to-signup-enter-a-race-and-find-results.298/

7. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

We may join the teamspeak server, good to know its there and optional.

Our team name will be Cheeba Hawk Motorsports. My friend has signed up here and is just waitimg for his account to be approved so he can post/register for the GEAR series.

8. John vd Geest

Your team is created. Who do you want me to add to Cheeba Hawk Motorsports?
    To sign up with your team, unregister first and then sign up again with your team.

9. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Lance Link is my team mate. I will unregister and re-register after I finish eating dinner and can get on full site. Appreciated!