Console Racing Today with SIM Racing?

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Doug Dezan, May 15, 2020.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I had them all from Atari 2600 to PlayStation 4 to name a few. Racing games is what I play on them since Gran Turismo 1came out. I have notice SIM racing developers are getting into the console realm with today titles. We won't see Sector 3 or Studio 397 going that direction any time soon, but I am looking at buying for my PS4 the Assetto Corsa Competizione game. My reason is that the graphics has to be better on the PS4 then my computer. Does anyone have this on PS4 and if so how is the game overall game as a console sim? If not what do you think?

This just impresses me to buy it for my PS4, I could never have graphics this great on PC

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Doug this is an advertisement for the sim, not necessarily representative of the console GFX you can expect to see. Pretty much all consoles use GFX chips inferior to current mainstream or highend PC GFX cards, but they upscale them and show them on 4K screens to make you think that's what you'll get.