Assetto Corsa Comp Ferrari Challenge

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Starting in April Wednesday Night Racing single car series Live Broadcast
    The 2022 SRO Ferrari Challenge!
    freei2.jpg

Would you? :)

The Ferrari Challenge is a single-marque motorsport championship that was created in 1993 for owners of the 348 Berlinetta who wanted to become involved in racing. The series was proposed by Ferrari Club Nederland founder and President Hans Hugenholtz to Carlo Tazzioli and Michele Sofisti who were in charge of Ferrari Deutschland. Hugenholtz wrote the sporting rules and Ferrari's Roberto Vaglietti was responsible for the technical rules. For 1995 a kit was made available to convert the 355 for the Challenge before race-ready Challenge cars could be ordered in 1996. It now encompasses three official championships in the United States, Asia-Pacific, and Europe.[1] Competitors from each series are brought together at the annual World Finals (Finali Mondiali) event. From 2007-10, the Ferrari Challenge exclusively used the Ferrari F430 model. 2011 saw the introduction of the 458 Challenge with the 458 Challenge Evoluzione following in 2014. In 2018 Ferrari introduced the 488 Challenge.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  2. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

I do find the ferrari so different to all other cars in ACC so dont drive it much.

But wednesdays...? You've gone all rF2 and AMS2 here havent you....:rolleyes:

3. Rob Milliken

Not me . someone Already took the Tuesday slots for next series ..

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Pro Driver

Maybe interested, depending...

1. is it going to be a weekly series

2. what time, same as GT3 on saturday?

5. Rob Milliken

Yes! weeknights at the same 20:00 gmt or soon to be 19:00 gmt after the DST time change.
    We also have some new cars in the latest DLC adding some single class cars so we might take a look at these as well. This is just an Idea to get some week day ACC action . The ACC GT3 series will continue on Saturdays throughout the year!
    New single class cars:
    Desktop Screenshot 2022.03.23 - 23.43.19.16.png

6. Rob Milliken

So what do you guys think?
    we have 2 weeknights to choose from Wed & Thurs nights are open for us.
    I'm open to whatever, we can do regular GT3 races, single class, we now have 5 classes with ACC.
    The new BMW is a touring car and built for same class league racing, it's heavy, stable and built for door-to-door racing.
    The lambo is a rocket ship and also in a separate class 'ST' for single class racing or open GT3 racing.
    The PCC cup cars we all know about and now the new Ferrari Challange has its own class CH.
    And don't forget about GT4.
    I think I will start a poll..

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  7. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Wednesday is my preference.

One make series?

8. Rob Milliken

Here’s my take on it, looking at the poll Wednesdays and Thursdays are both about about tied. I say we use both :D one week it’s on a Wednesday say a single class series, the next week on A Thursday another style series ? that way we will have a race every week and then the regular every other Saturday for the Saturday events! :)

• Like Like x 1