First SRO experience from Mike Johns

Discussion in 'New Members Introduce Yourself Here' started by Mike Johns, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Mike Johns

Mike Johns Pro Driver Donator

I signed up with SRO last week having had a bit of experience on PC2.
    Used to race so fancied a try online and joined the Sports 2000 Challenge Cup for the first round at Donnington.
    A bit of a disaster - at the start of the race I found myself on an empty grid with a single green light on the gantry, since I qualified last I assumed everyone had gone off on a green flag lap. Wrong, as I set off the other cars appeared with full red lights ready to go so apologies that I caused a delay and did not get to race (as Ken says, always wait if a situation like that occurs. Lesson learnt).
    I have a few 'dumb' questions if anyone can help?
    1. In a race that requires a fuel stop how do I configure this in rF1 and AC and when do I load it?
    2. How do I find out what the basic settings are for a particular race - I see most list auto clutch/50% damage for example but does that mean no assists such as ABS/TC etc? (Don't want to waste time practicing with anything that is relevant)
    3. I am assuming that I can make set-up adjustments in practice, save and use for the race?
    4. Think I have managed to set up TeamSpeak and loaded and bookmarked the SRO server but what is the procedure for activating it when I practice/race?

I have to say that despite things not going to plan in my first race I really got into the whole experience and got properly wound up for it!
    I have the usual list of driver excuses for lack of pace but boy you guys were quick - that's why I'm blaming car set-up :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good to hear you have finally got TS up and working Mike. Send me a PM suggesting a convenient time after 13:00 any day and we can arrange to get together on TS and go through everything you want to know. :)