FKR GT3 Round 2 Brands Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'FKR GT3 Endurance Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.09.08 - 15.18.18.20.jpg Have your say !​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Congratulations Joseph for taking the win, I wish i never spun out on Lap 1... Turn 1 (how unlucky can you get lol) and could have stayed up there on the lead lap with all you guys but alas it just was not my race and far too many mistakes where made on my behalf. Spun like 4 times and had to pit twice for damage repairs.... BUT, i still salvaged some positions as the race went on and once again i got to race against a lot you guys which is always great fun :D. I particularly enjoyed my small battle with Rob even though i was a lap behind at the time, was really surprised to unlap myself when you pitted! Travis, thankyou for bringing in a great result for the team :D You held us up this week and hopefully we can both find our way on to the podium for the next race!

When you get an opportunity would you be able to make the replay available for download again please Rob? Once again i forgot to save :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rob Milliken

Great Race Guys Congratulation's to the podium !!
    Thank you all for showing up ! 14 started the race !!!

To bad we lost a few due to connection issues ..very sad about that ..
    James in that Merc was going to be hard to beat ...& yes I will post the replay again getting the result files sorted ,thanks to all for getting there names right !:)..
    I will have a race report a bit later !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

Very fun race guys! Glad I was able to keep it pretty clean. My only major mistake came 30 minutes in with Dario right on my heels as I tried to get a good exit up the hill and got on the gas too early and spun requiring a pit and repairs.
    Lots of very fast drivers... I’m fortunate to have finished in 3rd, but I’ll take it as this was my most consistent race yet and that was my goal. Good times!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

Congratulations Joseph! Fast, consistent, and clean.
    Looking forward to getting better and racing you all in round 3.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rob Milliken

Race replay uploaded ..
    Find it in the downloads section or on the race event page in Championships ..
    To view : path C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\yourid\project cars 2\media Just drop it in there fire up the game and find it under vids ..

• Like Like x 3
  7. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

That race was brilliant. After qualifying P4, I knew it would be a long haul race.

Qualifying was tricky with a number of cut track slow downs, which ruined most of my session. However, the only lap I did get in, was the one I rear ended a Ferrari coming out of pit lane. I was originally a little annoyed by this manoeuvre, but ended up helping me actually stay on track at turn 1, so all's well that ends well.
    [​IMG]

The race itself was very tricky. The opening lap, I had a nice start off the line. P3 decided that I wasn't allowed the position, however, and cut me off completely. I ended up facing 90 degrees to the inside of the course, but managed (somehow) to hold it and only lost one position. Luckily for me (not so lucky for P2) he spun out, and thus I was back into P4 for lap one.
    [​IMG]

A few laps later, and I was still on the rear end of P3, who made a mistake on the GP course. Up to P3.
    [​IMG]

An unfortunate game crash from James meant that I was up to P2, and happy with running there. Keeping with 15 seconds of the race leader for the majority of the race, until I made a big mistake in the GP section, when the dirty air from a back marker threw me off. I wasn't focusing and thus payed the penalty. I got it back onto the track after loosing about 15 seconds, but continued on, confident that P2 was still mine for the taking.
    [​IMG]

P1 decided at about 40 minutes to go, that he was to make a pitstop. He rejoined directly in front of me, and I was able to copy his lap times, until for some reason he dived down pitlane for a second time.
    [​IMG]

From there, I was in P1, until my pitstop at the 15 minute to go mark. If you know me from other events, you know that I am always worrying about under fuelling my car, and thus added about 15L too much in the pitstop. But as I always say when racing, "better safe than sorry". After running Hards for the entire first stint, I strapped on a soft set, and head back out again.
    [​IMG]

Out of the pits, and I was a while off of the race leader, due to my pit stop length (if I had not over fuelled my car, I would have been behind him by about 10 seconds). Just lapping for the final 15 minutes, a few slow downs throughout my race *slowed me down* but other than that I remained consistent until the end.
    [​IMG]

40 seconds to go, and I think that we are going to have another two laps because of how far the race leader was ahead of me. Turns out he wasn't that far ahead, and we were entering the last lap - with the race leader in the pit lane. I was shocked and was surprised. Just 1 minute and 30 seconds left until my first online championship race victory. I try to keep it together, the race leader less that 4 seconds behind me (I didn't know he had a 20 second penalty, as I run with next to no HUD on my screen).
    [​IMG]

Final turn, just keep it together. I keep it on the track, I cross the line flashing my lights, squealing with delight (it's 11pm and my niece is sleeping in the room next door, which is connected to mine via a small passageway, with only a small wooden door keeping out the sounds). I can't believe it, I won a race.
    [​IMG]

Brands Hatch has always been my favourite track since I started racing in 2011, and now it has finally payed off, those millions of laps I have done at this track. This was my first time in a GT3 at Brands, first time online at Brands, and the first time ever driving the Mercedes, so I am super pleased with the result.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Korosztos Gyorgy

Korosztos Gyorgy Pro Driver

(First of all I apologize for my bad english... I hope all things will be understandable what I'm write here.)

The last night was a complete disaster for me. I do not like this track, so I have nothing practiced in the past two weeks.

Unfortunately, the car worked differently than I expected. I could not reach the correct speed during turnings, so I lost a lot of my original pace. (With this car on this track, I'm ranked 3rd on the leaderboard, with a minimum difference behind the VR time ...) Nothing was as successful as I planned and expected. Started very awfull, I get little closer to somebody’s car because I did not see that. The maneuver was not intentional, I'm sorry.

ss120551.jpg

James Dziuba dictated an unbelievable, unbeaten pace, so I very interested what he secret. I used hard tires, started with 130 liters of fuel. Maybe the tire pressure was not properly. Regrettably James Dziuba very soon left the race due some technical difficulties. I wondered what would happen in the rest of the race and I would got a lap from him... Maybe.

Hereinafter the problem began with the penalty system. I got the penalty seconds for almost nothing! In a normal race the stewards do not deal with it. Then I think in the 3rd such case I got a DT. This was "slightly" excluded from my comfort zone, which was never 100% in this night. I tried to wait for the the guy behind me make some mistake which will ensure that I remain the first place after the DT. I was sure this would happen, I just have to wait. I was right and when I returned to the track, still on the first place. Great!

After the DT still on the first place!
    ss122937.jpg

What is really outrageous is that immediately after the DT next to my name looked a 20 second time penalty. I become very nervous. Basically I feel then and now unjust and exaggerated the DT and the 20 sec time penalty. Practically, the game system won the game for somebody else. I have not done any such cuts that would justify these penalties at all. I have no any advantage. In fact, there was something that slowed down my pace.
    Yes, I widened the track once or two, but for this a DT?
    ss120758.jpg
    ss121225.jpg
    ss121645.jpg
    ss122358.jpg
    At two-thirds of the race I set out for a mandatory wheel change, but I did not refuel. This was a mistake… During creating of my setup, the buggy software was indicated that the full tank would be enough to the entire race. Unfortunately this was not true, so I had to go tot he pits, one lap before the end…

Despite all the difficulties I could have won this race. The guy behind me spent much more time in the pit, so I drove 23-24 seconds ahead of the second place, so I had a 20-second penalty, but insured my victory. However, with the second pitstop was wrecked it and the second placed got a win as a gift…

In trouble the future winner
    ss122732.jpg
    I would like to mention Kevin Elmes who severely hold up me when he got a lap for me. This was the second case when I get behind him and he started racing under the blue flag. He did not let me in Algarve, and he again started to compete with me. I've lost a lot of time. I think we have a contact for this unwise „fight”. Maybe should get acquainted what mean the blue flag...

Race with one lap difference...
    ss132233.jpg
    (See the replay 54. and 55. lap.)

I am convinced that if the game judges more realistic way that „cuts”, then (after the regrettable loss of Dziuba) I win this race very smoothly and with great advantage.

At the end of the race. DT, 2 pit, and I right after the winner.... (+20 sec time penalty...)
    ss133113.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Really enjoyed that race, hope the rest of them are as good.
    Qualified in P9, this was no surprise as I'm not great at Q and this week I had almost no practice.
    Go a decent start but was very wary of the cold hard tyres in the opening laps.
    Managed to avoid this lap 2 incident between Andre Hildebrandt and Johan Hendriks
    [​IMG]
    Near the end of lap 2 still not confident of the grip from my tyres I lost a place to Andrew Harper[​IMG]
    After this I was being closely followed by Xavier Eugeni in his Cadillac, he got past me on lap 8 when I went a little too wide at T1.[​IMG]
    I was now behind Xavier until he pitted, during that time I was able to get close to him but there was no chance of passing.
    [​IMG]
    I pitted from P4 and rejoined in P8, within a few laps I was just behind Rob Milliken who was in P7.
    [​IMG]
    I made it past Rob and was catching a backmarker, he was driving at a good pace and I was behind him for a few laps but I got too close and lost control in the dirty air. I slid and hit the barrier with the front end, damaging the steering slightly. As I recovered from this Rob went flying past me and put me in P8 again.
    [​IMG]
    I just carried on as the steering was not too bad and finished in P8. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Rob Milliken

Great Pic's Guys keep them coming !
    Looks like I need some bug spray on my front end ….

11. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

After trimming out the end of the video, and ending the stream right after race finish, due to some comments made, here is the stream of my race, from my perspective, where you can see my thoughts about everything that happened throughout the event. :) I hope seeing the race from another perspective is something some of you guys also like to do.

Qualifying begins at: 1hr and 4mins
    Race begins at: 1hr 17mins

Of course at the start of the race you will see I got a little annoyed, but by half way through the lap, I had calmed down, and from there on it was relatively plain sailing. Hope that some people also learn from this video through mine and others mistakes :)

• Like Like x 5
  12. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Impressive screenhosts and a nice vid Joseph! :):):)
    Btw, I'm surprised that someone is not using crew chief app....

Race was two very different parts for me. Start was fine but an spin at the last corner of my first lap made me lost losts of pos. First stint lasted 35 min and had an interesting fight with Norman and Johan. Paasing was really hard with no mistakes, and had to keep an eye on my mirrows. When I was finally closing the gap to Johan, Korosztos, leading was about to catch me so I decided to pit to avoid losing time leting him pass. Somehow last 55 min found no one but my team mate Rob, and "multi 21" tactic appears...thx mate!!.
    Rest of the race was a solo racing, so I concentrate on my lap times. Happy to see I was the more consistant guy of the finishers again. Podium was really a quimera this time. Congrats all, awesome pace podium guys.
    Little request, please don't chat while racing no matter the reason, so easy to make a mistake while reading or checking it out.

See you next one!

• Like Like x 3