Assetto Corsa Comp FKR Prep Series Round 1 Paul Ricard

Discussion in 'FKR ACC Prep Series Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Rob Milliken

Welcome to round 1 of the FKR ACC Prep series !
    Tuesday night 30 min sprint races to the checkered ! no mandatory stops !
    Race Notes:
    Start: Short form lap
    Weather: Random :D
    Paul Ricard is a demanding circuit ! with one of the longest straits in the series coupled with a series of tight lefts & rights this circuit demands your full attention !
    Remember track limits are tight here ! go to wide & you will pay the price !
    OIPWX7CNRWY.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  3. Rob Milliken

Please remember if you cannot make round 1 to un register ! ( if you tic'd the Register for entire series button you can un register from any 1 event and remain registered for the remaining events;))
    Registration Statius: We currently have 1 red light driver ..

4. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I have early morning tomorrow, so can't race today. Have fun!

5. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Can I just choose any car without notice for the following events?

6. Rob Milliken

Yes for the Tuesday prep series car selection is open each round .
    ( If your in the Saturday Sprint Series 3 events you must use the same car for the series)

7. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hi @Rob Milliken, I think the race will start one hour early 20GMT=22EET (my time) and now is only 21

8. Rob Milliken

ya I forgot about daylight savings time .. we only have a skeleton crew at work & we all (4 of us) have to go in early now so I have to miss the 20:00 gmt hr races for now ;-(

• Like Like x 2
  9. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

Where do I find the password, it’s not clear on my phone

10. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

@Rob Milliken Why are we using the old start system rather than the new one?
    The new one is far superior (IMO of course)

Obviously don't have to run the formation lap, and just have the start with the HUD.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Rob Milliken

Great Vid Frans ! I always enjoy your perspective ! cool set up !
    Gutted that I had to miss the race , I totally spaced that 20:00 GMT was now an hr later ..lol :oops::rolleyes:
    Normally that would have been fine as 20:00 gmt is now 1pm my time & my normal work hrs. are 2:30- 11:00 pm.. But because we are closed from covid19 (I work for the school district) we go in at 1:00 to 9:30 so I had to leave to get to work ..

The kicker is when I get to work they tell us all to go home for 2 weeks ! .. :eek::(:D

I don't have a replay as I was not present so if anyone wants to get one to me I can post it up ..

• Like Like x 2
  13. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Dear All. which evening yesterday.
    Coming a bit late to SIM and suddenly Q starts and followed R up with a nightmare followed, I stood 4 place on the track. Fortunately, there was a mess in time management :) I think I foolishly learned from my mistakes that day / evening. Not a shit, as the field is lined up on the track (2. time) ready to start, I forget to click "drive". Will therefore be moved to the pit starting from there. Okay the raisin in sausage end and last, the race ends in a 17 place. I'm ok. Take away from this - ACC is just much better than "always summer weather in iRacing".
    Guys - if it's sunny weather where you are, it's my fault I have a birthday today and will be 55 years old. See you in the grid. Claus.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Happy birthday Claus.

15. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Thanks - Nigel

16. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

a baptism of fire for me in ACC ! That was only my 2nd organised ACC bigger grid and first one in months using ACC. Like Claus above, I was thrown by the weather change and stared at my setup page whilst the timer ticked down and I had to start from the pit lane..D'oh. Made up a load of places in the race as high as 13th I think, until I got a track limits stop and go penalty, which I thought was harsh considering the weather and I hadn't made any big off track excursions. But to add insult to injury it then gave me a speeding in the pitlane penalty!! ...how in the heck when I had auto speed limiter on ?! is it a bug? So that totally screwed my race as had to make another drive thru penalty. With only about 6 mins left of the race after that I just stayed out on my very hot wet tyres until the end. But very much enjoyed the GT racing and variable weather, just need to relearn all the controls for changing ECU etc. Didn't even know how to get the chat bar up!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Oli Bateson

Oli Bateson Pro Driver Donator

Bad luck Mark on the speeding penalty - ACC takes you out of pit limiter mode if you change up a gear from 1st

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Simon Marshall

Simon Marshall Pro Driver

Does anyone else find the crew chief pretty useless? I’ve been surprised a few times so apologies for any squeezes or door shutting I may have done on ppl...

19. it is not the same spotter as in "crew chief" there they say "still there, still there,
    Here he only say's when it is "clear" again ( i find this more relaxed than crew chief)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Happy Birthday (simrace)buddy... ( we can shake hands ( or bump fists in these hard times) same here 55 ;)