rFactor 2 Formula E Series Info

Discussion in 'Formula E - Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  2. Ken Jagger

and-now-for-something-completely-different-58cd8d9eee954.png

FANCY A NEW CHALLENGE?
    Then why not test yourself in a different type of racing car where you need to learn new skills to try and get on the podium. Not all racing is foot to the floor for the full race distance.
    Interested?
    Then hop over to the SRO registration page and get your entry in now.

https://www.studio-397.com/formula-e-energize-guide/

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I know it would be an extra expense for us but if the newer car gets released by S397 before Christmas would we consider using that car? Great idea for a league by the way.

I need to check if this is on my saturdays off work first though :)

4. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

If a new release comes out before the championship starts we will use it :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

If any release is just an update for the existing mod, then yes we will use it. But if it is actually a new mod for the RW Formula E Generation 2 cars, then no we will not be using it.

This first Formula E series is a test to see what interest we get from members in running in a different kind of series, which requires a totally different approach to the norm. As such the existing mod mirrors the Gen1 cars and is configured with only enough energy(fuel) to run a half-distance race, so a pit-stop will be necessary and will be part of your race strategy.
    Gen2 cars in the real world now have more battery life which no longer requires a pit stop for a full distance race. If a new mod version which replicates these Gen2 cars is released before the 1st SRO race on Jan 12th, it would totally change the concept of this series, which is why we will not use it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

That's absolutely fine. It was only a curiosity question I guess.

There have been sneaky pics of the car and the general feeling is it may be released before Christmas, however if that's the plan that's fine.

One thing I will say though is the modding teams have done a great job bringing us most of the tracks, incredible work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

A couple of them were below par I thought, due to very poor track surface textures - New York and from memory I think, Punta Del Este.

8. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Love this cars! :rolleyes: Can we have race distance in laps instead of minutes? I like idea to drive 50 minutes long race but it is takes too much brain activity to calculate consumption, especially on fly when you had bad couple laps with over consuming energy and need to adjust next laps to make it to the finish. And sometimes you don't even know how many laps still to go in a race.

9. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ken is the admin of this champ will see what he has to say when he next comes on the forum.

10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

He’s probably just copying the real World Series which is time plus one lap. I think this year it’s 45 minutes plus one lap.

11. Ken Jagger

This is pretty much the main reason we are running this series and why it said "And now for something completely different" in the series info forum. It's meant to create a different and unusual challenge to our members.
    It will be a learning exercise for us all which may lead to a little bit of tweaking in race distance for subsequent races.

12. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

I've just purchased these cars, yet to try them but thought I'd just mention to anyone thinking about signing up that the
    Formula E Energize Pack is on sale at 50% for £4.32

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1