Formula Ford Scholarship 2018

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Nigel Middleton, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Aviary Photo_131460851133385699.png

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. Nigel Middleton

This was sent to me today by James Mullen.

Formula Ford Scholarship 2018
    Hi, I've run people in prototypes, GT cars and single seaters for the last 11 years and we're holding a sim racing fastest lap competition to select a driver to enter into the British Formula Ford championship next year. The drive is 23 races over 8 weekends with one test day before each weekend to help with getting on the pace before the weekend starts. The deal is full team support so for the driver it's just a case of arrive and drive on the 8 weekends.

The competition side of this begun three weeks ago and is mostly being held at kart tracks around the country. Some of the rising stars in British karting have entered but actually the last three guys to top the leaderboard have all been from the sim racing world. In hindsight this makes a lot of sense as sim racers will probably spend more time training to drive a car on track than the karters. With this in mind I've made the decision to try and reach out to members of the sim racing community. Do you think this is an opportunity that your members would be interested in?

I'll pop in a couple of links below if you want to see a little more about the scholarship and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! I'm happy to chat over this or by phone.

www.jmrscholarship.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/jmrscholarship

Kind Regards,
    James Mullen

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  3. Nigel Middleton

More info from James Mullin.

There is a minimum age, to compete in the championship the winner must be 16 years old or more as of March 1st 2018. Other than that, the only requirement is that they must be able to physically drive a car. With respect to fitness, driving a Formula Ford is less demanding than driving a kart and so doesn't require too much in the way of physical strength or stamina.

4. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

Wonder if I'm old enough to have a go :rolleyes:, shame I can't stand RWD cars in sim racing. Give me FWD any day, especially a Clio ;)

5. Gustavo Parreira

Gustavo Parreira Pro Driver

Unfortunately I do not live in England to try. Such an opportunity is almost a call, and I really appreciate that kind of car.

6. Nigel Middleton

No maximum age limit give it a go Kenny my son is thinking about it.

12 August in Boughton, Nottinghamshire not far from you.

7. Nigel Middleton

No you are right opportunity's like that are rar but it costs £25 to have a go but then look at the prize if you win.