G27 lost FFB

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Michael LaBelle, May 8, 2020.

1. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Hi all

A few days ago my Logitech G27 wheel lost its ability to provide force feedback. It cycles through the 900 degree rotation when it starts and shows it has force in the wheel, but when I enter the track in any game it loses the FFB=0. Everything else works, steering, peddles and shifter and all the buttons. I erased and reloaded all the drivers and software but no luck there.
    I am wondering if anyone may have experienced this before.
    Thanks
    Mike

2. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Sounds like an optical encoder failure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael LaBelle

Hi Guys
    I took my G27 wheel apart and observed that the optical sensor had cracks in it. I used a 5mm flat washer which fit perfectly. It worked for 1 reboot then failed again. The G27 served me well but it was time to buy an upgrade. So I did.
    Time passes and I await my new Thrustmaster T-LCM - Pedals. I received the wheel a ThrustMaster PC Racer a couple of weeks after ordering it. The pedals are back ordered and will land in the USA from China. It will be quarantined for a while and then shipped to Canada where it will sit for a few weeks. I am hoping to get them late this summer. Lol
    As an alternative Ricmotech, sells an adaptor to match the new wheel and old Logitech pedals. I ordered it all weeks ago. I just got notice this morning my adaptor is out of quarantine and is on its way. Yes it is in the mail.:)
    If all works I at least will be back on track within a week. Thanks for the help
    Cheers

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Michael LaBelle

Purchasing a new wheel and pedal set during the pandemic has been a game of patience. My G27’s optical encoder failed in early May. I opted for a repair and drove 100km to St John to buy 100, 4mm washers for a $1.00 plus gas, needing only 1. :D Long story-short it nearly worked.

Next step was to declare defeat and buy a new kit. I opted to buy on line from a Canadian site, Apex, to eliminate any border hassles. I purchased the ThrustMaster, TS-PC Racer wheel and the T-LCM pedals with a load cell on the 19th of May. The wheel arrived within 6 days and the pedals pre-order for mid-June possibly, July! I was told the pedals where on a boat somewhere at sea somewhere on the planet.

Being a smart guy I had notice while searching for a fix to the G27 that there was a ThrustMaster wheel to Logitech Load cell pedal set, adapter from Ricmotech out of Miami, Florida.This would allow me to continue racing till the TM pedals arrived. I order it May 27th and it shipped up to the border, Detroit, overnight and crossed into Canada the next day, and vanished from the world.

I waited.

The pedals arrived yesterday afternoon after a 51 day wait. Installed and working within the hour. I never realized how poorly the G27 was working compared to the PC Racer. I have tried the brakes with a medium setup but find it a little soft. I have a few setups to try. Apex has a mod to the brake where a plastic bumper replaces one spring and adds a hydraulic feel to the compression. After the Logitech pedals which were like standing on a brick, to having a couple inches of play is something new.

So it is time to take care of the critters and plants and then sit down to do a few laps till I can adapt to the newness.

Still no adaptor or need for one. The worst part is my navigator warned me to not buy it. She predicted I’d get the pedals first. Yep she was right again. I guess this happens when you don’t follow directions.

Regards.

• Informative Informative x 1