Gaming on Win 10

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Rob Milliken, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ok so i just took the plunge & it went fairly well lol upgraded from my trusty win7 to Win 10 pro with a boxed CD .. had some sound issues right after install then it did some updates still only had sound in the side middle & woofer speakers with a tin like crackel sound from the 2 front mains:-( i did like 3 uninstalled / reinstalled driver dances with no joy .. spent a few hrs trying everything i could think of but they just would not work , its 3am now im done lol ....woke up today & they are working perfectly... so i guess here come the Win10 gremlins ! Lol

I had all my steam games on another drive so they were intact , all i had to do was tell steam to repair that drive and all my games were ther! This saved my lots of time however in my haste to get thing’s copied & saved for the new install i forgot all about the game files in my doc’s , you know set ups , controler settings , player files ectt , all the important stuff lol .. so now need to re config all my wheel settings & all ..,
    So far all but one of the games wont start ..rf2 just hangs at the splash screen waiting to join .. the launcher works & steam uodated all my mods . But if i try to start single player or join a server it just hangs , i let it go 45 min today while i was getting rdy for work ...
    AC & PC2 start right up but have no controllers set up yet .. COD worked straight away .. no issues. Super fast now :) & my networking issues are gone yea !
    So now on topic , does anyone have any tips or tricks to share about gaming on win 10 to get the most out of it? So far i have put it in performance mode in the power settings , i turned iff all the voice cortinia stuff ,& all the share with Microsoft stuff .. ther were like 10 things like this on first time start up menu that when i read what they did l said “hell no” & turned them off .. I think i left 2 on lol .. but i think the dreaded win 10 updates turn them back on :-( so i need to know where all that shit lives so i can go back & turn it all off !
    I did notice when playing COD wwii that its way way smoother , faster , better ... then on win7 so i cant wait to see how the sim’s run .. ! I found the latest logitch drivers & calibrated my wheel so now i just need to build profiles in each game .. & the rf2 issue needs to be solved ...
    So Any win10 settings i need to know about ? any special tweaks?
    Thx!

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ok just an update:) could not get rf2 to run so I used steam to uninstall then completely wiped everything rf2 from the other drive by deleting the rf2 folder but not before I realized all my controler settings were still in my player folder ! Yea so copys were made :) & then delete! ... i cicked back and watched The indy race at road america that i had recorded last weekend while it reinstalled about 150 gigs of rf2 + workshop stuff o_O in the end after having some trouble getting my g27 to work ( it said it was discovered and working but no inputs worked in game = dead wheel ) but after a reboot it was all good . So i set my game rez up to 4k @ 60hrz refresh and fired it up ! Success!! & the game runs butter smooth ! Took the corvette around silverstone & was reall impressed with it ! Idk but my old win7 install did not look like this ! It did not drive like this , Even the fonts were better lol ! My install was real old i mean real old .. i had merged it from when it went steam only lol..
    Anyway So now im pumped !!
    One thing im puzzled with is win10 has a game mode , it says to hit win key & G in game to bring up the tool bar where the game mode button lives , its just an over lay but it does not come up , im thinking because i have gforce experience over lay turned on for streaming & video/screen shots & maybe the 2 don’t play togeather , that or it only works if you have the win10 XBox app on ? Caz i turned that off .. :)
    So far after pulling a little bit of hair ( thats all there is) im pretty dam happy with my rig right now on Win10 pro !

• Like Like x 2