General Discussion

Discussion in 'Project Cars' started by Nigel Middleton, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Clio cup banner.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Nigel Middleton

What is the best setting for FFB mine is that hard I can't turn the wheel.

The car drives it's self out the pit is that normal setting by default or can you change it to manual.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes Nigel the cars auto exit pit lane , (After being grilled on the forums Ian Bell explained this is due to 'console licencing' to give it a "G" rating for all ages , something about kiddies being able to run over the pit crew members) lol true story ! lol

The FFB is a widely discussed topic with pCars ..

There are so many places to adjust the FFB ...

In the main setting in the options choose your wheel type , once you do look for one of the presets called classic ( that's what feels best for me) also in this section you can adjust all the variables for the ffb (to many !) lol buy selecting classic or one of the others it does this for you ..

In game you can further adjust your ffb from the garage ,Once on the server and in game go to the garage settins , will see Vehicle / force feedback /

click the ffb tab and you enter the spindle settings , once there you can adjust the top slider "master" to increase/decrees FFB , it defaults around 26 which seems low but take this down to like 20 and see if your wheel is still to strong ..

the other 4 underneath it control individual aspects of the FFB like road feel ,left right strengths ,
    1. Fx = longitudinal force component (braking)
      Fy = lateral force component (sideways force when cornering)
      Fz = vertical force component (weight transfer, bumps)
      Mz = torque around the vertical (Z) axis due to e.g. caster, King Pin Inclination, scrub radius etc.

The numbers represent percent, so 100 = 100% = 1.0

here is an example of just 1 of the sliders:

Mz is the twisting moment created due to elastic deformation of the tire itself.

When we adjust the Mz multiplier, are we only adjusting the pneumatic trail derived Mz or are we adjusting the Mz defined as (pneumatic trail + mechanical trail) * cos(caster angle) *

Like I said there are hundreds of pages about pCars FFB ..

Have a look HERE

But wait ! Theirs more ! lol

Check HERE !

This should give you the Idea ...heh

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Nigel Middleton

Bloody hell I am not going to remember all that :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nigel Middleton

7. Rob Milliken

lol once In Game just do this >click the ffb tab and you enter the spindle settings , once there you can adjust the top slider "master" to increase/decrees FFB , it defaults around 26 which seems low but take this down to like 20 and see if your wheel is still to strong ..

8. Nigel Middleton

Ok Rob that sounds better.

9. Nigel Middleton

Project CARS 2 pre-order info on Steam check it out HERE they are a bit on the expensive side.

Most expensive of the 2 you do get season pass and a lot of DLC'S but still a lot of money.

10. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I see the race is for 20 minutes. Does anyone know how to add fuel? I see how to add fuel through pit strategy but not how to set starting fuel.

11. Nigel Middleton

I was going to ask the same question I have 1.8 default can't find where you add fuel will ask when I go on the server.

12. Kenny Press

To change fuel go to edit tuning setup and the click the little arrows to the right of the screen.
    Sample1.jpg
    From what I have read I think you can only change the car setup before the race session, not 100% sure though so to be on the safe side I will put on a small warm up session so everyone can change their setup.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

In the Pit Garage select Edit Tuning Setup and then click the left/right arrows at the right-hand end of the first option "Tyres and Brakes" until you get to the Engine Tab.

14. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

Ok, thanks guys.

15. Nigel Middleton

That was fun.
    Grats on the win Rob almost caught yeah.

Happy with my first PCARS race on the podium :)

Chat is not working for me :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kenny Press

Only on track chat would work for me, the lobby chat didn't once in game.

It was a fun event, like the sliding of the car :D Just don't ask what happened on lap 3 I have no idea, lost all control of the car. Pitted, changed nothing and it felt fine for the rest of the race.

Bring on the rest of the season once I have PCars sorted :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ken Jagger

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob Milliken

Thx Nigel ! Fun race ! The rain and lightning was insane !! I had a blast trying to keep all 4's on track .. I did see some lag when fighting for 2nd in the first laps he had a ping up in the 400's & was warping all over ! Almost lost it lol !
    Thers a few things to get used to in pCars , in the controler setting where you can map all your buttons you need to map the ' chat ' to a button then you can use it in game ( only when in the car) the regular chat from the lobby works only it wont show YOUR own txt , so you tipe away in the chat command line , hit enter .. nothing shows to you !! Lol BUT everyone else can see it .. very strange! Lol like i saw Kennys txt asking "who set random weather?" .. When you chat from inside the car via the chat button you mapped it will show like it should ..

19. Ken Jagger

I wouldn't expect there to be a difference in effect when using either a button or a key, as mapping a key to a button still sends the game the key code. Have you tried changing the default chat key (T?) to something else and testing if it then works as it should?

20. Rob Milliken

Button /Key it doesn't matter ..it didn't work in game for me until i mapped it !
    & the lobby bug has been there from the beginning where you can't see your own chat from lobby !
    with pCars 2 around the corner ,if its as good as some ppl are saying it wont matter anymore :D