General Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula Renault World Tour Closed' started by Nigel Middleton, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Nigel Middleton

Server up Round 1 Sochi

3. Nigel Middleton

Round 1 Sochi

Grats Ricardo great pace.

Started off well got a bit greedy with the curb spun in to the wall quick trip to the pits for a new splitter came back out 40 or so seconds behind Ed, Managed to catch him got passed then with a couple of minutes to go forgot where I was on track :mad: spun no damage, Beginning to think would have to settle for 4th but again managed to get passed Ed with little time left on the clock.

Nice mod.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Enjoyed being competitive against Nigel/John for a change :p if not Ricardo :eek:

These cars were one of the first I ever ran in rF2, along with the Clio's, so it was good to return to them, albeit with plenty of changes since the original in terms of physics etc. I had a quiet race after Nigel spun out at the start, but was pleased that the car stayed consistent throughout the race and the tyres had plenty of life in them at the end, unlike so many other rF2 mods which I think burn them out too quickly.

Team mate Ed had a big problem with a low top speed, even though he was using the same setup as me, so we are looking into finding out why that should have been.

Looking forward to more races in this series, although I will miss the next race at Silverstone as I'm away until 24th July :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nigel Middleton

Going to miss Assen will not be home until late.

6. Ken Jagger

Found out to my detriment that the DRS works everywhere and at any time on this track. Pressing the wrong button put me off into the barrier and the damage didn't get repaired at the pit stop.

Nice track but a big shame that the devs didn't get it right.

7. Ken Jagger

Sadly I'll miss the next round at Paul Ricard as I will be away.