rFactor 2 General discussion

Discussion in 'The Honey Jar - F1 1979 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Aug 8, 2017.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

THE HONEY JAR - RFACTOR 2 FORMULA 1979

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/20

1979 Formula One
    World Championship
    Drivers' Champion: Jody Scheckter
    Constructors' Champion: Ferrari

The 1979 Formula One season was the 33rd season of FIA Formula One motor racing. It featured the 1979 World Championship of F1 Drivers and the 1979 International Cup for F1 Constructors which were contested concurrently over a fifteen-round series which commenced on 21 January 1979, and ended on 7 October. The season also included three non-championship Formula One races. Jody Scheckter of Scuderia Ferrari won the 1979 World Championship of F1 Drivers while Scuderia Ferrari won 1979 International Cup for F1 Constructors. Gilles Villeneuve made it a 1-2 for Ferrari in the championship, concluding a successful second half of the 1970s for Ferrari (three drivers' and four constructors' titles). Alan Jones finished the season strongly for Williams, finishing third in the championship and with teammate Clay Regazzoni scoring Williams' first ever Grand Prix win as a constructor. Scheckter's title was Ferrari's last drivers' title for 21 years, before Michael Schumacher won five consecutive titles for the team between 2000 and 2004.

Welcome to a new series by Sim Racing Online: The Honey Jar - rFactor 2 F1 1979.

The rFactor 2 Formula 1979 mod is a conversion from the celebrated rFactor Formula 79, one of the most populair mods in rFactor to date. The community was very pleased to see it come to rFactor 2, where it was refined and polished to the standards of rFactor 2.
    Some quotes:
    "Incredible work, one of the most comprehensive, balanced and FUN rf2 mods i've played. Adore the renault rs12. Brilliant brilliant work."
    "I think this mod is one of the top mods for rf2!...by far!..."
    You will have a lot of fun drifting the cars through the corners. The physics are very good and a beginning spin is easy to "catch" and correct because you "feel" the car so well.

This series is a competition with money prizes.
    Sim Racing Online is putting € 150,- in The Honey Jar as a starting amount.

Every body who signs up will be asked to contribute € 5,-. This also goes into The Honey Jar.
    There will be a maximum grid of 24 drivers. 24 x 5 = 120 + 150 = € 270,- prize money!
    PLEASE TRANSFER € 5,- TO NIGEL MIDDLETON (SRO owner) BEFORE SIGNING UP.
    Paypal address: nigelj55@googlemail.com
    (Send money as a friend or family, so we don't have to pay any fees)

There will be 8 rounds. The first 10 places win as follows (with 24 drivers):

1. € 72
    2. € 54
    3. € 41
    4. € 32
    5. € 23
    6. € 16
    7. € 11
    8. € 9
    9. € 7
    10 € 5

With this Excel file, you can calculate yourself how much you win, according to the number of drivers signed up:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa9quwior09r5q5/SRO_The_Honey_Jar_prizemoney.ods
    So you see, you have a very big chance to win your money back and then some :).

The carpack holds the following cars:

Ferrari
    Williams-Ford
    Ligier-Ford
    Lotus-Ford
    Tyrrel-Ford
    Renault
    McLaren-Ford
    Brabbam-Alfa Romeo
    Arrows-Ford
    Shadow-Ford
    ATS-Ford
    Brabbam-Ford
    Wolf-Ford
    Alfa Romeo

Mod download for testing:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954478466&searchtext=

All real tracks:

1. Kyalami 1976 www.youtube.com/watch?v=auPpSK6Q5ag
    2. Zolder 1979 www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY5XVWlxT8M&t=199s
    3. Dijon Prenois www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq7Rv0IrCzU
    4. Silverstone 1975 www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkkAqFB78M&t=1666s
    5. Spa Francorshamps 1988 www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO4K0DlC90s
    6. Rouen Les Essarts 55-70 www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxtAZvv0WgQ
    7. Montreal 1988 www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y0UR7Fjfsc
    8. Laguna Seca www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekEz4ua6VOI + www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAjPD28MMfc

RULES TO THE SERIES:

1. All races will be 60 minutes.
    2. Every race will have a "FORMATIONLAP FOLLOWED BY A STANDING START".
    3. The entry fee for members is € 5,-. This will also go in the prize money pot.
    4. At the start of the series, there must be a minimum of 15 signups to proceed. Or else the series is canceled and you get your money back.
    5. Before the start of the series, you can at any time ask for your money back.
    6. Once the series has started, you can not get your money back under any circumstances.
    7. Staf and admins can also race and win prize money. They must also pay the entry fee.
    8. You can pick any car you like for each round.
    9. Damage is set at 50%.
    10. Weather is always dry.

YOUTUBE: ALL RACES WILL BE UPLOADED.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. John vd Geest

The series is not setup yet in Championship, but these are the dates and times:

All on sunday, 20.00 GMT

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Luis Moreno

Luis Moreno Pro Driver

Ok. So the races would start at 20:00 GMT (04:00 PHT :( ) and before that there would be final practice and qualifying correct?

4. John vd Geest

Actually the Qualy starts at 20.00 GMT for 15 minutes. Hope you can make it. You're a pretty good driver.
    Ask your friends from Sim Racer Indonesia to come for those 2 Honey Jar series. They've got some good drivers there :).
    Drivers are allowed to do both Honey Jar series and double their changes on some prize money.

Signups go live this weekend.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 1
  6. John vd Geest

Series Promo:

7. John vd Geest

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you to join this series and make it a succes.
    For the prize of 3 beers you can have a blast over 8 rounds with excellent cars and tracks :)
    It would be a great promotion for SRO to get a big grid, and you know how it works ... the more sign up, the more will come!

Hope to see you on the signup list!

8. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Hi!
    I'll try ... i really will, i just don't know how my life will be this next school year (i might end up having to work far from home :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)
    I like those 1979 cars!!!!!:D

Edit: i can sign in if you want, to make some numbers

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

That would be great, but remember, you have to contribute € 5,- to join (goes in the prizepot). However ... if you can't make it, you can always get your money back before the series starts :)

10. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

No worries, who do i send it to?

EDIT: Just saw it...

11. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

I am in!
    Glad to be looking forward to racing again after several months off but this series should suit me, I hope!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Nice to see you back Nick :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Pro Driver

Thanks Ken.

I am just about to give these a blast for the first time. From memory there was a League Edition where they were all the same spec, but given it says pick any car you want are these performing differently in this series or all have the same handling?

14. John vd Geest

It is not the LE. That is not out yet. So for now you have to test the cars. Williams, Renault, Ferrari, Ligier are all pretty much on the same power level. So there will be variations in cars. The lower powered cars are bit slower but not too much. They are also easier to handle, so there's benifits there as well for some.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

What about changing the event in December 24th? You know... it's Christmas ;)

16. John vd Geest

Well, officially the christmas days are on the 25th and 26th december. That's why we race 1 day earlier on sunday the 24th :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Pro Driver

I don't know how it is in the rest of Europe/world, but here in Portugal it's the night when families dinner together, so it's impossible to race that day...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_Eve

18. John vd Geest

I understand, but the calendar is set and for others it isn't a problem.

19. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Hey Nick.
    I can't sign in just yet since I'm not sure about my availability yet. But if I can make it we could team up for Pinnacle again :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rui has a good point about the Dec. 24th race. Most likely I will miss it due to Christmas activities. Grid size may be reduced due to holiday plans. Not sure what the solution is except maybe try to move the Silverstone race and the following races one week or even two weeks into the future since New Years may be issue also. Just my 2 cents worth :)

• Agree Agree x 1