Assetto Corsa General info & rules

Discussion in 'Lola T70 MarkII Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 29, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-1-29_19-33-32.png

WELCOME TO THE LOLA T70 MARKII CHALLENGE

Lola boldly called the MkII version of their T70 the most successful sports car of 1966. And rightly so since it won some of the most important UK races as well as the USSRC and CanAm Championships in North America.

Eric Broadley’s T70 sports prototype was upgraded from the same successful formula as the MkI by having an American-sourced V8 engine in a small prototype chassis. Most of the successful cars were run with the small-block Chevrolet engines, but one victory was achieved with the Ford 333 and Penske tried the 427 Chevrolet with no success whatsoever.

The MkII specification introduced much more aluminum in the chassis which reduced the overall weight by 32 kg (70 lbs). More weight was saved by using color-impregnated fibreglass. This resulted in a 289 Ford-powered T70 weighing just 726 kgs (1500 lbs) while the Chevrolet 327 was at 726 kgs (1600 lbs).1

Other small changes that came with the MkII were wider wheels, consolidated radiators with one large cooling unit in the nose and revised suspension points.

In total 33 MkII Spyders were built by Lola and author John Starkey calls this series the most successful of all the T70 variants.1 Denny Hulme won 11 races in Europe driving SL71/31 for Sidney Taylor winning the first of five races outright including the Tourist Trophy at Oulton Park.

The first MkII was delivered to Team Surtees and John won first time out at the Guards Trophy Meeting at Brands Hatch. Drivers such as Graham Hill and David Hobbs drove for the Surtees team with great success. Brian Redman also scored two victories for Red Rose Racing in SL71/27.

In 1966 16 cars were delivered to the USA and won the USSRC championship in both 1966 and 1967. being the US agent of Lola, the Mecom Racing Team was under great pressure to perform. They sold the cars to private teams which used drivers such as George Follmer, Dan Gurney, Mark Donohue, Roger Penske and Buck Fulp. T70s won the first two rounds of the CanAm championship in 1966 which was eventually won by John Surtees.

Car version to drive

There are 2 car versions in the mod.
    We will be driving the Lola T70 MarkII
    FORD

App) Helicorsa_V6
    Helicorsa is a app that detects cars close to you, so contact can be avoided.
    You must have this app installed and activated to take part in this series.
    Download: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/
    More info: www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCDJJR_EoA

Please have this app installed for this series.

How does each race start?
    All races will have a standing start.
    There is no formation lap.
    There is a mandatory pit stop to change all 4 tires.

No-shows
    If a driver does not show up for a race without unregistering for that event or letting me know that he can't make it in the event-forum, he will be taken out of the complete series.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the race you can't do.)

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification
    In qualification you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good lap time and crashing (other cars).

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on Teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forum link for the SRO Teamspeak address and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

Selecting skins

If you would like to get a specific skin, please let me know through the mail.

Please sumbit:
    1. the skin you want
    2. your GUID nr.

Selected skins:

Tim Muttram: SL70/5 Walls IceCream
    John vd Geest: SL70/3
    Syd Drake: SL71/17
    Laurent Londes: SL70/10
    Paul Anstey: SL75/124
    Mark Johnson: SL71/40
    Stefan Lagodin: SL73/119
    Maddie Shepherd: SL71/34
    Filip Stoyanovich: SL 71/26
    Kimi Martikainen: SL 71/26
    Maxime Tendil: SL71/28
    Jos Ogos: SL73/128

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  3. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I may be asking in the wrong place John - But has anyone asked for a skin yet?
    I can't see a list of who has picked what anywhere?

I', just sending a PM with my preferred skin...

4. John vd Geest

No, you're the first one. I'll make a list in post 2 of this thread.

5. John vd Geest

6. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

SL70/10 please, looks a bit Tron-like :D

7. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

I'll take Alderman_25 please John. Green & White car #25

8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I just saw we need to PM John.. I don't want to be the bad example :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

Hi Mark, I'd rather have it through the mail like requested so I don't miss anything.
    Can you please send it like that, otherwise everybody will ask on the forum.

10. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

I've sent a PM for the skin. Not sure how to send it via mail?

11. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

#198 for me plz.

12. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Need to message John, not reply here.

13. John vd Geest

To me? Haven't seen it.
    If you would like to use a default skin, then everybody incl. Caitlin Penny has to download and install it, otherwise it won't show for them or on the broadcast.
    So you have to upload it on the forum.

14. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

Not custom, just specific skin from the available pool, you sent the PM back that it's all set.

15. John vd Geest

Sorry, you're right. You have skin SL71/17.

16. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

can i get my guid off here somewhere? ie previous race series. By the time i get near my home pc i have always forgotten to dig it out and pm it. I can see i have been assigned a skin in the list, is that SL number same as car #25?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. John vd Geest

I already have your GUID nr.: 76561197993480564 :)
    Yes, that's car nr. 25

• Like Like x 1
  18. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Hi everyone :)

It's been exam season for me for the past two months so I haven't been around SRO for a while. But when I saw "Lola" in my email I had to show up!

Unfortunately my G27 gearshift is acting weird, and I'd like to know if someone has had similar problems before: When I'm in certain gears, mostly 2, 3, and 4 (the most heavily used gears), the gearshift randomly seems to report being in neutral for a half a second or so before going back to the correct gear. Physically it stays in the same gear, but the selected gear in AC (and other sims, I'm pretty sure the problem is with the shifter) switches to N and back. The net effect is gear grinding since I can't press the clutch fast enough.

This started a while ago, I'm not exactly sure when, but it was already going on during the GT Legends series. It's been getting much worse lately though, even consistent, making driving with it impossible. I'm going to open the shifter up later today to see if wiggling some things around might help; I'll send a message if I can't make the race because of this. I guess I could always drive with paddles, but thats no fun when you have an H shifter sitting next to you.

Looking forward to racing again!

19. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

My Fanatec did this when I first got it. I opened it up squirted some WD40 on the moving parts. Been fine ever since. Hope you can make it although it looks increasingly likely I won't make it. Not feeling up to it. Damn body. Really need a restoration or better still a restomod ;)

20. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I think in the logitechs this problem is caused by wear to the guides for the shifter.
    There are 2 things that help fix it based on stuff I've done with my G25 shifters.
    1. removed the leather gaitor - this completly fixed the jumping for me and even made the sequential mode start working again.
    2. In the shifters page of AC's setup increase the de-bounce value by a few hundred ms. That will help AC ignore it if the gear jumps out rapidly and then reengages.