General info & rules

Discussion in 'Ferrari 250 GTO Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 30, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-3-30_11-57-59.png

Jos Ogos is the Champion of the Best Fantasy Tracks Series and has thereby won his own Assetto Corsa series.
    The Ferrari 250 GTO mod and the tracks are chosen by him. A very good choice and I hope you all enjoy :)

WELCOME TO THE FERRARI 250 GTO CHALLENGE

The Ferrari 250 GTO is a GT car produced by Ferrari from 1962 to 1964 for homologation into the FIA's Group 3 Grand Touring Car category. It was powered by Ferrari's Tipo 168/62 Colombo V12 engine.

The "250" in its name denotes the displacement in cubic centimeters of each of its cylinders; "GTO" stands for Gran Turismo Omologato, Italian for "Grand Touring Homologated."

Just 36 of the 250 GTOs were manufactured between 1962 and 1964. This includes 33 cars with 1962-63 bodywork (Series I) and three with 1964 (Series II) bodywork similar to the Ferrari 250 LM. Four of the older 1962-1963 (Series I) cars were updated in 1964 with Series II bodies.

When new, the 250 GTO cost $18,000 in the United States, with buyers personally approved by Enzo Ferrari and his dealer for North America, Luigi Chinetti.[citation needed] This model has since become highly desired by automobile collectors and sales have repeatedly set price records. The current record for world's most expensive car was set in June 2018 when a 1963 250 GTO (chassis 4153GT) was sold in a private sale for $70 million.

In 2004, Sports Car International placed the 250 GTO eighth on a list of Top Sports Cars of the 1960s, and nominated it the top sports car of all time. Similarly, Motor Trend Classic placed the 250 GTO first on a list of the "Greatest Ferraris of All Time. "Popular Mechanics named it the "Hottest Car of All Time."

Ferrari 250 GTO
    The Ferrari 250 GTO is a DLC car that is part of the Assetto Corsa - Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack:
    Download Assetto Corsa - Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack

Fuel Rate

The fuel rate for all events is set at 80%.

App) Helicorsa_V6
    Helicorsa is a app that detects cars close to you, so contact can be avoided.
    You must have this app installed and activated to take part in this series.
    Download: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/
    More info: www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCDJJR_EoA

Please have this app installed for this series.

How does each race start?
    All races will have a standing start.
    There is no formation lap.
    There is no mandatory pit stop.

No-shows
    If a driver does not show up for a race without unregistering for that event or letting me know that he can't make it in the event-forum, he will be taken out of the complete series.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the race you can't do.)

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification
    In qualification you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good lap time and crashing (other cars).

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on Teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forum link for the SRO Teamspeak address and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For those who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Am I only one who wonder why this is "greatest Ferrari", no it isn't, it's just rare, very expensive and not so good to drive tbh.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Hi @John vd Geest,
    @Maxime Tendil and I would want to use the following skins please:

#Racing 11b for Maxime:
    upload_2021-3-30_18-12-46.png

#Racing 112 for me:
    upload_2021-3-30_18-13-13.png

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Can we provide our own? I made a period skin for myself a couple of years ago when we ran these at Srou:

[​IMG]

I'll probably improve/modify the number and put it into a more period roundel as that ( ^ ) is a tad too Forza/GT for my liking....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Tim: it's basically a Jos Ogos series so all requests go through him. Just to clarify.

At his request, I uploaded a big skin pack in the series download section. If Jos is okay with it, you could download it, add your skin and upload it again for me. That way we can keep it all bundled for everyone as 1 download.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Ah, fair enough - that isn't mentioned anywhere on this thread so I didn't see that.
    If It's OK with Jos I'll do that over the weekend then unless there's something I particularly like in the pack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

You are more than welcome to use your skin. It's quite good looking btw. John's idea of packaging in the same skin pack is sensible so that other drivers just need, if they wish, to download one extra thing.
    Great to see you joining the series, Tim.
    Hope we have lots of fun!
    Jos

8. John vd Geest

9. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

I will try and join in some of these races if i can, but i am a bit stacked out with various race series at the moment and swmbo's tolerance will only stretch so far ;)
    I also need to buy a nifty thin wood rim steering wheel for period correctness. A nice Mota-Lita rim :cool: already got the cross stitch driving gloves :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tom Fowler

Tom Fowler Pro Driver

Looking forward to this series.. Only the Nurburgring will be an issue for me, I don't know my way around there at all!

• Like Like x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Just go straight until you see a corner :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

She's all grown up/retro now :)

122b.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hi all I'm Alessandro from Italy (Virtual Drivers Alliance)
    I've just registered for this champ, see you in race

• Like Like x 2
  14. John vd Geest

Welcome to the series Alessandro.

• Like Like x 1
  15. John vd Geest

Can the guys who selected a skin test please? I can't get mine to show.

16. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

I think I have mine... :)