rFactor 2 General Info & Series Rules

Discussion in 'Super GT500 & S397 GT3 Asian Region Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

upload_2021-2-8_11-51-42.png

WELCOME TO THE SUPER GT500 & S397 GT3 ASIAN REGION SERIES

Super GT (stylized as SUPER GT) is a grand touring car racing series that began in 1993. Originally titled as the Zen Nihon GT Senshuken, generally referred to as either the JGTC or the All Japan Grand Touring Car Championship, the series was renamed to Super GT in 2005. It is the top level of sports car racing in Japan.

The series is sanctioned by the Japan Automobile Federation (JAF) and run by the GT Association (GTA). Autobacs has served as the title sponsor of the series since 2005.

Super GT500 class cars:

Nissan GT500 2013
    [​IMG]

Lexus GT500 2013
    [​IMG]
    (The Lexus is a good car, but the default setup is no good. You will have to adjust it to get ride of the oversteer)

Honda GT500 2013
    [​IMG]

Super GT300 class cars:
    (we will only be driving the GT3 cars)

NOTE: WE WILL BE ADDING THE MERCEDES AMG GT3 CAR TO THE SERIES.
    NO GT3 SERIES IS COMPLETE WITHOUT THE AMG GT3 AND IT ALSO RUNS IN THE REAL SERIES.

THE MERCEDES AMG IS A STUDIO 397 DLC CAR THAT YOU CAN GET HERE: MERCEDES AMG GT3
    I have to wait for the DPI & GT3 series to end before I can add it officially to the GT3 pack.

upload_2021-2-8_12-2-4.png

No weight penalties
    Although it is used in the real series, we will not apply the weight penalty system.

Formation lap procedure

How does each race start?
    1. The race starts by a formation lap
    2. From the second to last corner we go double file

3. the overall pole-sitter stays ON THE SPEED-LIMITER from that moment on.
    4. Once the polesitter starts the race by crossing the start line, we all go and are free to race.

No-shows

If a driver does not show up twice for a race without unregistering for that event or letting me know that he can't make it in the event-forum, he will be taken out of the complete series.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the race you can't do.)

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification

In qualification, you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good lap time and crashing (other cars).

Teamspeak

Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on Teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forum link for the SRO Teamspeak address and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Please consider making a small monthly donation between € 2 to € 5,- to help us with the monthly server costs.

Remember that Sim Racing Online is run by a private group of people, paying everything out of their own pockets.
    Thanks in advance !! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

3. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

4. John vd Geest

Sorry, but that's not an option.
    As you have rightfully concluded, this series is heavily focused on owners of the Studio 397 GT3 pack. They have invested quite a lot of money to drive those GT3's, and the idea is to give them their money's worth. As a series constructor at SRO, I will always use the Studio 397 GT3 cars as opposed to non-DLC GT3.
    In my view it's disrespectful to use a non-DLC GT3 mod when so many people have spent over € 30,- to buy these cars. No disrespect to your opinion of course :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Vandenberg

Ok I did not realise that this series was aimed at the current GT3 DLC owners :confused:

6. John vd Geest

Of course, because the GT500 mod is free :)

7. Rob Vandenberg

I don't mind because I have all the DLC myself. My thought was if GT500 is the new attraction for this series (what I can imagine) the constraint of DLC can be a barrier to enter this series. So if there is some interest in attracting new drivers you might as well keep all content for this series for free. I don't see that as disrespectful to people that bought DLC (speak for myself). But, I'm not a series constructor of course (or is it off course?) :D

8. John vd Geest

I appreciate your input, but the series has already gone live with signups, so there is no option to change mods anymore even if I wanted to.
    And I'm actually quite happy with it as it is. :)

9. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Pro Driver

Great to see the Super GT500 cars combined with the GT3s into a new series. Looking forward to drive that Honda monster again!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

Hey, here's a selfish question but I might as well try it since it's still early.

Would it be possible for this series to be on the alternate Sunday's instead? Meaning 11th Apr, 25th Apr, 9th May (instead of 4th, 18th, 2nd...) ?

I thoght I should ask just in case, as that would be the only way for me to be able to participate :)

11. John vd Geest

Sorry, that's not possible since the series has gone live and people have already signed up for it. :)

12. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

np, have fun :)

• Like Like x 1