Project Cars 2 General Info

Discussion in 'Project Cars 2' started by Rob Milliken, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Use this thread to talk about anything related to projectCars 2 !
    First off for WIN10 users : If your having alt tab like issues or black screens after the latest WIN10 update your not alone !
    For whatever reason WIN10 latest update causes pc2 (and some other games) to loose focus and collapse to task bar or black screen ..
    THE FIX : in STEAM go to projectCars2 in your list ,right click & choose properties , when the window pops up under General find the "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" tab , open this and in the box type these 2 launch commands -windowed -borderless exactly like this with the (-) dashes!
    close it out and your good to go ! no more black screens ,crashes or game stuck on task bar !

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Decided to make the purchase in the STEAM Lunar Year sale, so just need a series at a convenient time for me to run. Might have to host one myself :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kai Reiniger

Kai Reiniger Pro Driver

I have a problem in PC2: I want to use my real name to comply to the rules and regulations, but PC2 will not accept my last name. Maybe it is because of the "-niger"-suffix being considered racist... So I don't know what to do.

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Are you changing your STEAM profile name which is what's needed?

5. Kai Reiniger

Kai Reiniger Pro Driver

I tried and change my ingame profile name. So if it is that what is needed, I'm going to change the steam profile name.

6. Rob Milliken

7. Rob Milliken

Alright ken ! Let me know if you hit any snagg's & when your up to speed Ill make sure you get the server stuff sorted !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

ive just uninstalled PC2 it keeps disconnecting me in multiplayer. ive tried everything to fix it, uninstalled, reinstalled. added it to exclusions in windows defender, reset router. nothing works. I will re install when they fix the problem. which is god knows when.:mad::(

9. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Rob or Kenny maybe able to help Roger.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

thanks Nigel

11. Rob Milliken

Is it just on our SRO dedicated server or does it happen on all servers I have not see allot of players complaining about discos in the pc2 forums ..for the most part the mp is pretty solid . I have a pretty hi ping on the SRO ded (its in the UK & im in the US) compared to peer to peer sessions where my ping is allot lower ..

Are you on a wired router or wireless? also Check in steam/settings /in game/ and set the max pings to 5000 and make sure your correct region is selected ..

12. Rob Milliken

Some shots from patch 6 & the new vintage protos @ the new vintage LeMans - DLC
    Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.06 - 01.33.36.39k.jpg Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.06.06 - 00.07.33.86.jpg Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.06.06 - 00.30.42.00k.jpg Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.06 - 01.52.49.21.jpg Desktop Screenshot 2018.06.06 - 01.17.30.31k.jpg Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.06.06 - 00.41.10.58.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rob Milliken

If your a Ferrari lover & own PC2 and have the season pass your a happy camper right now ..
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.09.12 - 00.32.11.15.jpg
    The bonus is Mugello GP & short versions ! the track is superb … so far I drove the vintage 250 GT ..
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.09.12 - 00.42.32.61.jpg Really fun car to drive ! the weight transfer was good and felt natural .. I found myself doing lap after lap .. I raced Mugello a lot in AC & this version is fantastic so I knew the track & was able to push the car , what a dream to drive ..one of the better cars so far IMO ..
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2018.09.12 - 00.48.45.72.jpg
    Seven more to try !!
    If anyone else has the DLC let me know & we can do some test runs !

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rob Milliken

Also PC2 is on A STEAM sale for 24$ US until this Friday ! Desktop Screenshot 2018.09.12 - 01.15.31.43.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

I might be on around 20:00 GMT if you're still up for some test runs with the DLC

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

no happens all the time, after the last update. I will check out my settings , see if I can do anything.

Thanks Rob

17. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

well just did a 10 lap race round bathhurst and didn't lag out. so I will try running the next race and see how that goes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

Here's a good read from Casey about the development and physics of the new Ferrari's in the DLC pack in case anyone is interested :)

19. Rob Milliken

Good stuff there .. these guys realy have done an amazing job with this sim .. IDK why some people thinks its more simcade than sim .. pc2 has more psyx going on than people think ..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dario Walker

Dario Walker Pro Driver

The angry hysteria that comes out of some people with regards to pCARS, SMS and Ian Bell is insane sometimes.

The main thing that I think the sim community aren't backing pCARS for is the lack of mod support and the lack of full customisation particularly for leagues not to mention bugs/glitches that pop up for some people giving them an inconsistent experience. The other half of the hate is probably from the console guys (especially the Xbox One players where it struggles to play pCARS2 in the career mode compared to the Xbox One S and PS4) and people who expected a plug and play experience but instead got handed an unpolished and very in depth sim on release with both pCARS and pCARS2. Each to their own though, I just hope to see the pCARS series develop even more in to the future and get even more detailed, it would be awesome to see more people from the sim community join WMD to help shape the game as it goes forward in to the future because the guys at SMS have some serious passion.

I could share a few videos showing the livetrack 3.0 tech in action in the debug and go on about how the SETA2 tyre model is more advanced than rFactor's tyre model and how pCARS2 is head and shoulders better than AC when it comes to a detailed physics engine (The Madness engine did base itself from the ISImotor engine after all which i believe rFactor uses?) but I really don't want to spark off flame wars and i certainly don't want to kill anyones bandwidth on here or steal any glory away from what Stefano etc @ Kunos have achieved or paint SMS and pCARS as flawless because there is definitely aspects they have done better with AC such as mod support, laser scanned tracks and eventually getting their AI to use the same detailed physics model as the player. All of these games are great in their own way and each of them also have their faults, the more competition in the sim racing niche though and the less flame wars that happen between us all the better i say :).

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1