General info

Discussion in 'GPL Mclaren M2B Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 23, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Welcome to the GPL Mclaren M2B Challenge

Here you can find all the info you need to know about running in this series.

History of the Mclaren M2B

The McLaren M2B was the McLaren team's first Formula One racing car, used during the 1966 season. It was conceived in 1965 and preceded by the M2A development car. Designed by Robin Herd, the innovative but problematic Mallite material was used in its construction. The car was powered by Ford and Serenissima engines but both lacked power and suffered from reliability issues.

Driven by team founder Bruce McLaren, the M2B had a short Grand Prix career, entering six races and starting only four. It scored the team's first point at the British Grand Prix and two more points at the United States Grand Prix.

**************************************************************************************************

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/150

Car mod: GPL 1967 2.20

Download the GPL 1967 here: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/gpl-1967.523/
    The Mclaren M2B is within the carpack.

You do not need to download the Ferrari 70th Anniversary Pack !!
    Because we do not drive the GPL Ferrari. We only need the Mclaren M2B from the car mod.

Skin pack

There is a skin pack underway with 8 to 12 basic skins to differentiate the cars.
    Because they are basic, we will not assign skins. It is just to tell one car from another.

The setup options for this series will be completely open:

You can change anything and everything you want in the setup options menu.

App) Helicorsa_V6
    Helicorsa is a app that detects cars close to you, so contact can be avoided.
    You must have this app installed and activated to take part in this series.
    Download: https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/resources/helicorsa_v6.442/
    More info: www.youtube.com/watch?v=koCDJJR_EoA

Please have this app installed for this series.

How does each race start?
    All races will have a standing start.
    There is no formation lap

No-shows
    If a driver does not show up for a race without unregistering for that event or letting me know that he can't make it in the event-forum, he will be taken out of the complete series.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the race you can't do.)

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification
    In qualification you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good lap time and crashing (other cars).

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on Teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forum link for the SRO Teamspeak address and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Please consider making a small monthly donation between € 2 to € 5,- to help us with the monthly server costs.
    Remember that Sim Racing Online is run by a private group of people, paying everything out of their own pockets.
    Thanks in advance !! :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  2. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Well. Part 1 of the skin pack is done!

They aren't up to me normal standard as I can't use AO layers on them due to the design of the skin template (3 separate components overlap in it) - The only workaround I could find involved editing the KN5 file to add different textures for each component, but that resulted in a massive file that *might* cause issues online if you don't have it for us/do have it elsewhere. Also it had a huge filesize so seemed a bad idea.

We now have 14 skins available - If it looks like we'll need more I'm sure I can squeeze a few more out:
    [​IMG]
    ^ Typical T1 madness - The AI aren't very good at going into Tarzan 3 wide....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ Grid's looking pretty colourful while bunched up

[​IMG]
    ^ The gauges that came with these car's were such shockingly poor quality they even looked bad in the rift - Which is odd because the texture file for them was massive. So I've fixed that glaring omission for you all ;)
    I'll see if I can do something about that dull Tach needle as well before this is distributed..

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Absolutely great job, Tim. Many thanks for your input!
    Although I can't see you famous sideways action through the corners above LOL!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I was last as I always start at the back against the AI - Can't drift when you're utterly surrounded ;)

5. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

where can i get the templates?

6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

There is no template - also we aren't doing team skins for this series, you lot get to hope and pray you don't get one of the 2 pink skins assigned to you when you join a server ;)

There are now 18 skins available for this series - that should be more than enough unless the entire internet joins the championship!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Hope I get that yellow and black attack skin (Old Stryper fan). They are responsible for my favourite colour combination... Yellow and Black :) You could not have made better match for me even if you had asked me my preferences :)

8. John vd Geest

Series promo:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

if i dont get nr 6 i will kill....

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I feel a little guilty to mention that I've already asked if I can have it when I sent the files to John :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

ooppsss

12. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Very good job Tim, thank you!
    I need #12 hehe...

13. John vd Geest

Broadcasted

Caitlin Penny has agreed to do the broadcast for season 3.
    Also a three in a row for her!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

So we have similar taste on skins :D Don´t feel quilty… you made them, least you can ask is that you can pick one :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  15. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Big Thanks to Caitlin

:D:D:D

16. John vd Geest

The Assetto Corsa Nurburgring 67 had an update on RD.
    It now also combines the Nord with the Sud strecke. That will be an epic ride LOL:

- 4 Layouts:

Nordschleife
    Betonschleife
    Sudschleife
    Gesamtstrecke

- Working AI (Still needs work)
    - 32 Pit Boxe

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I tried the sudschleife the other day. The track is really a lot different than the one from Sergio Loro. This version feels really natural to me, the colours used I mean. This is quality wise a lot better than Sergio's version while it doesn't have the amount of detail yet. Also, going uphill between those bushes on the side is crazy, certainly in VR :) I have yet to try the Gesamtstrecke. This is one to look out for for sure !!

• Like Like x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Still have to try it.

19. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

wow the update pictures look amazing!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Is the track surface improved? I wasn't too impressed with the mesh on the last version of the Nords.