General questions and comments thread

Discussion in 'AC TCR Championship Closed' started by Roy Cop, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Post your questions and comments here

2. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

Which mod is it?

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

4. Paulo Lima

Paulo Lima Pro Driver

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Looks like this is going to be a hard fought Championship :eek:

6. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Pro Driver Donator

Looking forward to this 1, seeing some big names in the line up :mad:

Any plans to stream the series?

7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I have a suggestion.

It was apparent that there was a bit of confusion before the start yesterday due to me as an Admin/organiser being unable to contact certain drivers while online. I would therefore suggest I create a Discord voice channel where everyone can be in voice chat. There will however be rules when using this.
    - No talking during Qualifying and/or the races. The channel will be open only for important information regarding the race.
    - No swearing or calling out other drivers.
    - Push to talk only

How does every one feel about this?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alex Bonner

Force on push to talk and it will be fine. I ended up enabling PT messages in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Was thinking that, but forgot to post it. Did so now ;-)

10. Alex Bonner

Again, apologies for all the hassle Roy. Most of the problems was myself assuming everyone knew the plan. James H tested in the focus the other day, I asked you if he needed to be in the Civic like James B and myself no which you replied "no". I passed on the massage to James H saying he could stay in the Focus but without me knowing he signed up in the Civic. When he joined I told him to get in the Focus as we previously spoke about and there seems to be where the problem started. When I checked he was too late to get a car skin applied because of that I didn't think he needed to be in a certain car.

I'll take the hit on that one mate, I should have checked on SRO website before we joined but after the conversation I assumed we all was good to go.

If you want to dock me some points or make me start at the back for the next race I'll happily take the penalty and I'll double check from know on my guys are in the right cars and are contactable one way or the other either through me in teamspeak, your discord or ingame chat but I'll ask them to get 2 of them up and running.

Sorry

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Alex, The post and thought behind it was more general then just the issue with Spunge. Here at SRO there is a lack of in game communication (my sentiment, not necessarily that of the SRO admins). An easy way would be to have a Discord voice channel because it works better than TeamSpeak.
    If we had that last Saturday and every one was in there, the issue would have been resolved in minutes. And there have been other occasions it would have been handy. By using a couple of simple rules the voice channel does not have to be a distraction to the racers.

And if You want to take a penalty for what happened, I'll put you on 75kg ballast for the rest of the championship :p Might slow you down a bit :D

12. Alex Bonner

I agree. Having voip in my experience is an excellent idea and helps every thing along very well. I know its not very "sim" but were here for fun not to make living.

75kg would defiantly slow me down and gives me an excuse when I have a bad week:D Could you handle me winning with 75kg tho?

13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

If that happens I'll sell my wheel/rig and will never race again :oops:

14. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I will be streaming from my perspective in all the races that I get to (which, I hope, will be all of them).

An official stream would certainly be interesting though. I've enjoyed watching the SRO broadcasts of the GT1 and historic F1 series that ran a while back. I can even whip up a custom Transit van with "SRO TV" livery. :D

• Like Like x 1