GT Legends league - season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Apr 17, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

GT Legends league - season 2 discussion

We are halfway into the first GTL season and thinking ahead, I would like to start a discussion with you all for what our next series might be.
    We can discuss what tracks we want to use, but especially what mod we want to drive (can be anything). In the end, most votes count.

The day of the week (Thursday) and time seems to be working well, so I think that can stay as it is.
    (if available, we can ask Caitlin Penny to do the commentary again)

Please copy this small form and cast your vote below.

Copy and past below

Mod:
    Track 1:
    Track 2:
    Track 3:

(if possible, submit a YouTube video of your mod choice)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

Track votes:

Interlagos 75
    Mexico 1967
    Fuji 1993 (VLM conversion)
    Mid Ohio
    Virginia
    Monaco
    Charade 8 km
    Spa modern
    Croft
    Horsma
    Zandvoort 67 (DLC)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  4. John vd Geest

Mod: TC Legends
    Track 1: Interlagos 75
    Track 2: Mexico 1967
    Track 3: Fuji 1993 (VLM conversion)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Mod: gtlegends
    Track 1: mid ohio
    Track 2:mid ohio
    Track 3:virginia, super awsome with these kinda cars

Should limit 1 use per car per season etc so we can usem all

6. John vd Geest

I would like to, but that's too much hassle. Setting up an AC server with GUID/Cars/skins is a lot of work. Plus there's the chaos of everyone having to vote each round.
    It would have to be 1 car for the whole season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Those TCs looks great and theres more than that lot to choose to get cool car.
    Track wishes: Monaco, Charade, old or new Spa.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Mod = AC Touring Car Legends
    Tracks = Croft, Horsma, any historical circuit. Think its best to use in period circuits rather that the modern layouts. Loved Charade 8km. Didn't think Donnigton had quite the same level of enjoyment for me.

Can we suggest tracks that are currently not in the SRO database?

9. John vd Geest

Of Course. If such a track ends up in the final selection list, we'll just add it.

10. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Hi John, what we have seen so far in the present GT Legends champ is that some cars have no chance to shine because of the lack of high-speed tracks like Monza, Hockenheim 80s or Le Mans for instance. My suggestion for the next series is to have a better balance between slow, medium and super fast tracks to give the V8s some chances to win.

Considering that Assetto Corsa here at SRO it's a bit neglected to be honest, with questionable championships with front-wheel-drive cars were only 5 or 6 drivers willing to participate, ( apart for the RSS GT1 and the ACL Series which have been fantastic and successful ) this is definitely a good chance to do better usage of the Sim and the race day slots. I would suggest both series, GT Legends season 2 and TC Legends season 1. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Agreed. Makes sence :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. John vd Geest

You mean GT Legends and TC Legends alternating each week?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Davide Ricciardi

Yeah, why not. As you already do with ACC on Tuesday and Saturday for instance.

14. John vd Geest

It's a good idea, but a lot of work for me. Just 1 series takes a lot of organizing and setting up acServiceManager each week with guys coming and going. Let alone two.
    Would be different if I only had to put in the cars without assigning cars / skins / Guid nrs. to members and overwatching the forum for preferences.

15. Davide Ricciardi

Are you all alone organizing AC? :eek: It's a shame that there is more attention on minor titles like rFactor 2, Automobilista, Raceroom, or even rFactor 1 than AC, that really makes no sense to me :confused:

16. John vd Geest

BLASFEMIE !!!
    Dude, rFactor 2 drives 5 x better than Assetto Corsa!! Go wash your mouth !!

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. John vd Geest

Well, I have an idea.

What if you guys only said what car you want to drive without skins and stuff.
    Then I only have to put in the number of cars selected. Like 5 Lotus, 3 BMW, 12 Mini cooper ect. and you would get a random skin for that car. Then we could do both series.
    Sounds good to me :)

But first we would have to establish that there is enough interest for doing both series, otherwise it's a waste of time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Davide Ricciardi

NO COMMENT !!! :p :D

EXACTLY, that's what I am saying for a long time. What's the purpose of it when for instance in the current GT Legend series Louise and Laurent drive the very same car and skin? Why all that extra work for nothing? o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I think Davide has a big point here.. :) Who needs skins anyway in front of the joy of driving these mods? :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

We also have to think about the fact if we want to run the GT Legends back to back when season 1 ends. You can't have too much of a good thing, or it will get old pretty quick.

After season one I was going to start another mod (possibly TC Legends) and then after that, we could run GT Legends again.

I'm just saying ...

• Agree Agree x 2