GTR3 Series. What time do you want to race on Monday?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Doug Dezan, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Happy green beer day! images.jpeg
    There is this time change thing that happens twice a year and the issues seemed to be where some of us live the races is at a different time for me. I knew that this series is timed for east of the Atlantic. I think just keep the race at GMT race time. I am the only one in the series west side of the Atlantic. Do you agree to just keep the schedule as it is now or change it one hour. This is for the Nurburgring race. I can do one or the other, my vote...

"I vote follow GMT race time."

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

GMT time is SRO policy. When the worldwide clocks change due to the beginning or end of Summer Time we still need to adjust our GMT race start times to reflect that and start the race at the planned clock-face time as normal. This will be a bit out of synch due to the fact the the USA changes to SST 2 weeks before Europe.

E.G. In the UK
    Non Summer time
    18:00 GMT = 18:00 Qualifying time
    Summer Time
    18:00 GMT = 19:00 Qualifying time

If you want the Qualifying time to start at the same time on the clock-face, for members wherever they are in the world, then you need to adjust the GMT time in RDA for those races in the series which overlap the date of the SST time change.

3. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Yes but what happens with Nurburgring, my time has changed but not over your way. March 22cd

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The two week overlap is always the odd bit out for our series. As the Hosting Admin you need to decide which start time will minimise the effect on those members entered, which of course depends on where they live in the world. It can have an influence on whether guys can race or not if you make it 1hr earlier or later, depending on the normal clock-face start time.