Help in making a skin in rF2

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Pasquale Genchi, May 6, 2018.

1. Pasquale Genchi

Pasquale Genchi Pro Driver

In these last few days I discovered how to make a skin for Assetto Corsa from the 3D model of the car, with Mudbox. I made two skins and it was a lot easier than editing the dds file in Photoshop (if you want I can show you what I got).
    There is a way to do the same thing with rF2? Is there a file which contain the whole 3D model, like the kn5 in AC?

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It might be a lot easier than Photoshop Pasquale, but not everybody has the kind of money to subscribe to it! :eek:
    Not sure about the rF2 3D model though.

3. Pasquale Genchi

Pasquale Genchi Pro Driver

Yeah, it can be expensive. I wanted to try the trial version, I needed to register for that, I registered as a student and I got a 3 years license.
    Anyway I tried something, I reskinned an LMP3, this is what I got
    [​IMG]

And this is what I got with Mudbox in AC, the theme is the same, I tried to make the skin fit the LMP3 model since the main work has been done on a GT car for AC
    [​IMG]

Thoughts? I didn't make a close up to the LMP3 but the paint is not as detailed as the GT one

4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Still needs some shading, but overall not bad at all.
    So I could do with a Seat Leon in the Comini colors but with my name an Belgian flags instead of the Swiss flag :D