Project Cars 2 Holiday Fun runs | WRX Rally Cross | Dec 23 2020

Discussion in 'Project Cars 2' started by Rob Milliken, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Untitledsnow.jpg
    Registration

The cars
    ICE 2.jpg

The Track

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2020.12.10 - 01.35.19.38.jpg

If you want to practice for this event you must do it off line
    First select the WRX class cars & pick you car (there are 2 DLC cars in the mix , if you have the DLC you may use them if not it wont effect you being able to join as PC2 lets non dlc owners race in races that have dlc cars as long as there are also default cars to use)
    Next select the track and your ready for the next step .
    Under the car & track info you will see a menu that has MOTORSPORT presets, click this and find the RALLYCROSS entry and click to activate it ! also make sure you have "same class" selected in the opponent car selections . Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2020.12.13 - 12.10.18.65.jpg
    Now the format is set to practice for this event

Next is the weather !!
    This is how the race day server will be set for the Ice & snow
    copy these settings & hold on to your ass lol.. Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2020.12.13 - 12.10.25.96.png
    Make sure to use the same Date in the settings as this is needed to allow the Ice & snow to stick to the ground (summer months will still show snow if selected but the tarmac will be pavement) ...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I will try this event. I am not much of a x-rally driver just driven mountain passes, Could be ciaos. lol

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I am thinking of giving PC2 another go.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

This "rallycross" format is more like a stadium super cross , short 6 lap heat races, 6 cars at a time with the 'joker lap' ! Each driver must make 1 pass threw the joker lap !
    drivers will assemble on the server in the main lobby . Once all the drivers for that heat are in the lobby & ready we will hit the "vote to start" to enter the session .. Once in we will be placed on the grid in random order . We will have like 30 seconds till the green .. There is no pit lane , no pit stops , no practice or Q sessions , no set up adjustments , just jump in & go ! ..
    This is side by sidwaze' racing :D,door to door crossed up wheel bashing , 4x4 ice throwing fun ..

5. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

We will be using Dscord or TS? If we will be using TS I just need to download it.

6. Rob Milliken

Yes discord for comms !
    Unless some players cant get it set up proper ..then we will use TS . But I believe discord is already set up as long as you have a mic & head set ?
    but voice comms is mandatory for this event ! (exception will be if you don't have a mic you can still join as long as you can hear instructions ..)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Eeek. Never really got on with the Rallycross stuff in PCars2.

8. Rob Milliken

This is just a crazy fun run ..in the snow ! :D

9. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

This sounds fun. Not sure yet if i can make it, but but I did register myself for the race anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

Ok drivers Holiday Fun Run Race day agenda :

Voice Comms are MANDATORY !

We will use the SRO discord for this !

Meet up time is 20:00 GMT we will then join the lobby and wait there ..do not press the ready button until told to by admin ..

The Format will be slightly improv' to be determined by the number of drivers.

Each race will only allow 6 drivers at a time .

Races are 6 lap heats & take less then 10 min ..

# of heats is determined by # of drivers , with a minimum of 3 heats ..

The first 6 drivers that show up will be in heat 1 . (remember its less than a 10 min wait between races )
    ( I don't think waiting drivers can enter the lobby until the first 6 drivers enter the race ! so with that in mind once all heat 1 drivers are in their cars the heat 2 drivers may enter the lobby and join to spectate … we will all be on comms to let each other know what's up ..)

After heat 1 has finished , If less then 6 are waiting for heat 2 the top 3, 4, or 5 (depending on how many are waiting ) will stay on for heat 2 while the 'bottom of the grid* ' will not race in heat 2 , instead they will exit & rejoin to standby to race in heat 3 (*dependent on # of waiting drivers) example: if 3 drivers are waiting for heat 2 then bottom 3 from heat 1 will exit the lobby to rejoin again for heat 3 once all 6 heat 2 drivers are in there cars ..
    If we have 6 drivers waiting for heat 2 all 6 from heat 1 will exit & rejoin to spectate after all heat 2 drivers are in there cars .. rinse repeat for more heats ect..
    In the case we have no drivers waiting and its just 6 drivers we will run 3 heats ,& simply stay in the lobby to regroup after each heat ..
    This will all be explained again in comms ! :D
    Remember this is all just for some fun & sliding around in the snow !
    Happy Holidays ! :)

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Hmmmmm....

Not 100% sure at the moment, food retail has been crazy this year and I'm a bit tired. However if I can join once I'm home I will.

I won't register until I'm 100% sure I can though. Looks fun.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  12. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I might not be able to do all 3 heats, but should be there for 1 and maybe 2.

13. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Not going to make it :mad: will not be home until about 8:30

14. Rob Milliken

I see guys in a discord chat room but cant join ?? lol

15. Rob Milliken

That was Great fun guys ! Thanks to all who stuck around for all the action !
    We also see again how the pc2 server does not show for everyone o_O .. the ded servers are notorious for this ,AMS2 has the same issue sharing the same gpx engine & net code ..
    A solution was to have a member host : once Eike hosted we all were able to join ..something to also try with AMS2 perhaps?
    Anyway thanks again for the laps it was quite the challenge keeping these cars pointing the right way :D
    Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2020.12.23 - 15.16.37.49.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for suggesting this as a Fun Run idea Rob. A really difficult but enjoyable change from the norm for sure. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

It was a really different night of racing and a lot of fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020