In Game peniltys

Discussion in 'SRO Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Nov 11, 2018.

?

Track cut peniltys On or OFF

1. Off

85.7%
  2. On

14.3%
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys this is driving me nuts ..these track boundary's are razor sharp in pc2 and imo punish you where its not fair or necessary ..
    I feel that in organized league racing we do not need them ! In fact we do not use them in any other sim/series/evens t we race here at SRO and you can cut just as easily on any of them .
    We have a system in place for protests and or admin reviews if a driver feels he needs to report something ..
    I say OFF with the track cut penalty's for this series ( and any & all further pc2 events) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

I voted off, because I also thing they are usually completely paranoid and often prevent us from having good/fun races. On the other hand, I must point out that in the first race I did here with the touring cars (in Oschersleben), I expected to be more or less competitive, but found myself a couple seconds off the pace in both qualifying and the race.

That was until I realized that track limit penalties were off, so I could now do competitive lap times mid race, when I started widening a bit some corners, slightly straightening chicanes etc, like I noticed everybody else was doing. I have no problem with that, it is actually a lot closer to what happens in real life, I just thing we need to discuss in advance how much cutting is allowed etc. That's literally the only good thing about the system in PCARS2, that it may be extremely frustrating, but at least it is equally very frustrating for all :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good Points Colin . as for the discussion, SRO rules are in place already & they are the same rules we have used in sim racing for years . The rules state that you must have 2 wheels on track at all times , If you cut the same corner 3 or more times with more than 2 wheels its considered a cut .. these are reviewed by admins upon request or protest and a number of penalty's can be decided depending on the severity of the infraction .. It could be time added to the race total moving the player back or a drive threw at the next event ectt.. We have used this rule in all SRO events & also back in the r2p days ..well except PC2 .. IMO there is no reason why a controlled organized league should have the need for these less than fair 'in game' penalty's pc2 has ..

I can see them being used on open server arcade wreck fest racing like you see in public server lobby's but IMO they have no place in organized leagues that already have knowledgeable sim drivers ….

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018