rFactor 2 Info & Series Rules

Discussion in 'Palatov D4 Season 01 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Nov 30, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Banner Jennifer.png

[​IMG]
    upload_2020-11-30_14-56-26.png

Registration

Welcome to the Palatov D4 Series

Background info:
    It features advanced underbody aerodynamics, a long arm double wishbone suspension with pushrod activated coilover dampers and an optional all-wheel drive system. Power comes from a variety of motorcycle engines with typical configurations using 1.0L or 1.3L units of 175-200 hp. Typical weights are in the 800-900 lbs (360-410 kg) range resulting in exceptional performance.

The AWD system is unique in this weght class and allows the use of high power turbocharged engines of over 300 hp. In this configuration the car can have over 700 hp/ton power to weight ratio and still be able to put the power to the ground.

Power/weight
    220-730 hp/metric ton
    (10-3 lb/hp)

Chassis
    Construction: Chromoly steel tube frame, quick-change bodywork
    Suspension: Double wishbone, pushrods, patent-pending geometry
    Wheels: 13x8
    Tires: 20x8-13 race slicks

Drivetrain
    Engine: Motorcycle 1300cc, 165-340hp
    Gearbox: Motorcycle 6-speed sequential, NO reverse
    Drivetrain: RWD or optional proprietary AWD system with chain drive and LSDs

Car version used:

We will drive the D4 - Trackday version.
    (not the D4 2018 version)

Each event has a standing start

We start racing from the green light. No formation lap.

Mandatory pit stop

There is a mandatory pit stop for each event where you have to change all 4 tires.
    Fuel strategy is free.
    There is no Pit-window.

No-shows

If a driver does not show up twice for a race without unregistering for that event or letting me know that he can't make it in the event-forum, he will be taken out of the complete series.

(You don't have to unregister for the whole series. You can unregister only for the race you can't do.)

No Esc. on track rule in Qualification
    In qualification, you can not press Escape (Esc.) while on track (if you crash) and then go back out again.
    If you want to do another run, you have to come into the pits first.

This is to protect the other drivers from someone taking abnormal risks to set a good lap time and crashing (other cars).

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak is one of the features of Sim Racing Online.
    If you would like to hook up with other drivers on Teamspeak before the race (or any time), here is the forum link for the SRO Teamspeak address and password:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/teamspeak-ip-address-password.19/

For who are not familiar with Teamspeak, you need to add the Sim Racing Online channel to your "bookmarks".

Please consider making a small monthly donation between € 2 to € 5,- to help us with the monthly server costs.
    Remember that Sim Racing Online is run by a private group of people, paying everything out of their own pockets.
    Thanks in advance !! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

This is the first time with these cars, they are so much fun to drive.
    I have a couple of questions: In the Tuning car from the show room I come across the Steering Ratio option. My wheel is a modified MOMO and is set at 720 deg . What should I select in that option in image below.? The over all it feel good but fast corners it feel like it is slipping gradually towards outside going into the apex. And on rF2 in the Liveries' folder there are 4 selections, Track-day Multiplayer, Track-day, Custom and another one I forgot what it is called, are they all the same? And where do I adjust my Steering, it is set at 720 deg and I would like to lower it.?

Untitled.png

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

We will use the D4 - Trackday version (not the D4 2018 version)

I can't answer the 2017 Steering config question yet, as I only drove it on default config settings. That felt oke for me.