Logitech G27 centering calibration problem

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Vasilis Doumanas, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I dont know if there is a topic already for this issue, somehow i couldn't find one so i start a new one.

Thursday i got a G27 wheel from a friend, i installed it for testing and i found that the wheel cant calibrate properly-actually it has centering problem.
    After a bit of playing, the wheel of the car ( at assetto corsa) turning at the right side about 30 degrees while my steering is at the center.
    When i plug in it of and on again, teh calibration is ok, but when i am running assetto corsa , it doing a calibration again and then its not centering, the wheel is parking 30 degrees to the right..
    Does anyone had that issue before? Is there a fix for it (install new drivers or a software tweeking) or i must do a hardware fix?
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Vasilis Doumanas

After a search i did, its seems the problem is at the optical encoder.. So i have to disassembly the wheel and see if the optical encoder is cracked or loose.. As it seems is a common problem so it can be easily fixed.. So its a good time also to do the wheel upgrade (bigger wheel) and a brake mod for sure :)

3. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sounds like a lot of work Vasilis hope you get it sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vasilis Doumanas

Thank you Nigel, thankfully i can manage situations like this, with a little help of internet of course :p , and its a good time to do the mods that i want (steering wheel, brake mod and shifter), so i will wait a to get the parts and get it sorted :)

5. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Best of luck in getting it fixed. I had to do the same optical sensor repair on my previous Fanatec GT3RS wheel and it's not always easy. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you.

• Like Like x 1