Magnificent Park race reports

Discussion in 'Nissan GT500 Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 10, 2017.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Had a good pace running close to Fahn Thomas. Shame he got me on the start :). And the only place I could try to overtake him, in the S's after the bridge, he was a bit quicker then me there, so I couldn't get the slipstream.
    After 2/3 race I saw that I was short on fuel and had to come in to get some. I had typed 3,6 liters in the calculation instead of 5,6 :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

First race with this mod and I have to say it´s really a pleasure to drive these cars. (Thanks for hosting btw.)
    But I my pace was a bit too slow for my part and way too slow to compete with the fastest guys. Therefore I was a bit worried about a 107% Rule which is very unlikely in Simracing but you never know. Finally I started from last and thankfully my race pace was better.
    As I was behind Barrett I could follow him and learn something from his line choice but I couldn´t copy his line into the fast uphill left corner which leads into the long straight. I think I lost there more than a second to him even though I improved my approach.

In the course of time he did a mistake (as John, Matt and Paul too) and I made up a few spots. My soft tyres lasted but I burned too much fuel and was one lap short. But it was a short pitstop and in the end I got ahead of Ken. I have no idea why, but I take that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Two stop/go penalties for running off track at that fast uphill left-hander which lost me lap time on both occasions and damage on one of them. So much for rF2 penalty programming, you can still lose time but it doesn't matter!