Max Verstappen Incident on IRacing

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Yusuf Macit, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

So if you have not heard about it yet, 21 y.o. F1 racecar driver Max Verstappen had been recently involved in an incident on IRacing. Below is short footage showing the moment of the incident, what do you think about the young drivers' intentional aggression/reaction after the accident? Lets' talk about it!

Comment made by the 71-year-old driver involved in the incident:
    1. It was practice. 2. I was on an outlap on cold tires, and saw him coming and tried to get the F out of the way. 3. That didn't work. Sorry. OOOOps. 4. No Max shouldn't have done what he did, but no harm no foul, we just hit reset and go on. 5. I totally love young Mr. Verstappen's ferocious aggression. 6. It is fun to be so publically "Verstappened" (and great thanks to MrGit for saving the video!!!!! I was a bit nonplussed by the incident and forgot to keep the video for a treasured souvenir). 7. Let's not make an "elder abuse" deal out of this... but I am 71 (that's both old and slow). cheers dlm

So give me your thoughts on this? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I have ambivalent thoughts about that, first it was really no big deal and something like that even happend to me here at SRO. Not in that context, heh you ruined my lap or something like that, more to get my attention (in some way he did the same here) or just because it was the end of the practise session. Funny enough, for the first incident I offered an apology because I was really confused.
    And that brings me to the other side, as such things are always an aggression on someone, which could easily got/go wrong or start something. I wouldn´t do that. (One could also argue with the slippery slope)

Additionally in that case as a professionel and famous driver with his history he proofed one more time his critics right. So if he don´t care about his reputation there is no problem, but if he has a similar incident in simracing or F1 then ... yeah some sort of an demonstration that he has a problem. But the 71 old racers is also right, for him or nearly everybody else this is a lifetime experience.
    He can say now he was crashed by Max Verstappen at Brands Hatch in opposition to that I can only say that I was crashed by Frans van der Linde at Brands Hatch. It is coming close but it not the same :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Yes idd, Frans Van Der Linden's reputation is wayyy bigger!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1