Network Tec support

Discussion in 'Chat About Anything In Here' started by Rob Milliken, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Any smart net tec's out there ? help ! I have run across an issue with my bandwidth & network speeds on my win 7 enterprise gamer .. I have a 1gig conx with my ISP and average around 700 mbps on the speed tests .. other night i was laggin bad so I ran a test and was only getting 60 mbps ,wtf .. i have been trying everything to figure it out .. It's not the router because I can plug the lap top in and get 600 to 700 /plug it back into my PC and only 60 mbps .. Its like its being throttled by my pc ?
    I have been given instructions to re set my net adapter up for max speeds with no luck .. Madding thing is it was working one night & broke the next .. I even tried replacing the cable .. It's like windows is throttling my speeds .. ? lol
    Can the network hardware on the mother board be failing ? is that a thing ? that would suck .. I've been putting off the move to win 10 but this might push me to go out & get a copy if I thought it would solve the issue ..?? but if it's a mobo thing then that wont fix it ..
    Has anyone ever seen or herd of this happening?
    Any advice ?
    Thanks !

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

You sure on the numbers Rob? 700kbps = 0.7mbps

3. Rob Milliken

lol thx ken thats mbps ..strange that its only MY pc .. the laptop still gets all the bandwidth if I unplug the cat 5 from the pac and plug it into the laptop all the bandwidth is there ..

4. Ken Jagger

5. Rob Milliken

Thx Ken I did all that they are talking about in that one .. downloaded latest drivers ,re configed the net properties.. it was working fine 5 days ago .. i can’t find any info on whats happining to me .. most are wrong cable & having a modle of net card that does not support 1gb , mine does and worked fine all year untill last few days ..

6. Ken Jagger

Have you tried powering the Pc down, removing the network card, rebooting then powerdown, reinstall, reboot. You never know!

7. Rob Milliken

Ya , Its a motherboard net card .. or i would ! But uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest driver did not solve it either :-(

8. Ken Jagger

OK maybe try disabling it in Device Manager, shutdown, reboot etc

9. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hi Rob. For sorting the issue, hardware or software, you can plug a PCI network card in your computer. If the speed is still low is a windows problem. If you got speed, it is ok, and cost you only few bucks ;)

10. Rob Milliken

Thanks Flaviu ! good idea ! & if it does have the good bandwidth on the new PCI card I will just use it ..

.... until my copy of win 10 gets here ..lol:D

I started a thread over at Tweek town forums in the gigabyte section (thats my mobo) lots of the gigabyte devs hang out there & do tec support .. but i dont think theres anything left to try other that a clean install of windows .. & for that it will be win 10 ...

11. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Win10 .... I don't know. If it is a gaming machine I would stick with win7. Soooo many stories about 10 and update and devices don't working after update.
    And, most important, if you have good speed with standalone network card, than, most likely, it is a hardware mobo issue and a new OS don't solve the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Yes That's the one reason I have waited & stuck with win7 .. But ... the new AC will only work in win 8 or higher !! lol:D ...I know a lot of players now that use win10 and have it some what under control ..:rolleyes: