New GT3 Endurance Series - 2 Hours Events with Driver Swap - Are you interested?

Discussion in 'SRO Announcements' started by Neil Tasker, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Would you participate in an SRO Endurance Series with a driver swap at mid race?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Neil Tasker

Neil Tasker Pro Driver Donator

SRO is planning future events and needs your feedback. We like team participation and want to offer a GT3 series that includes a driver swap. The series will use the Studio 397 Endurance Pack and will run events one per month for 6 months. Proposed day of the week is Sunday. Time is to be determined. The series would follow the format of the Blancpain series and will be two hours with the driver swap occurring mid race.

This will be a new challenge for our members looking for something new. But first we would like to know if our members are interested in the challenge. Please take our poll so we can determine if there is enough interest.

Here is a list of proposed tracks. This is an SRO sponsored series so our members are welcome to offer track suggestions. If you are interested in sponsoring a series, contact Nigel.

Tracks
    May - Silverstone
    June - Paul Ricard
    July - Spa
    August - Nurbergring
    September - Zolder circuit
    October - Misano - monza

All feedback is helpful. See ya on track :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Just a couple of days ago, I thought it would be fun, run races with drive swap in here. And, of course, I suggest the nordscleife VLN or Nurburing 24H layout, to replace Nurburing, but I don't think it will be accepted.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Problem with driver swaps is it halves the field

Last Saturday's gt3 event had 17 drivers, with driver swaps there would be 8 cars on track for a 2 hour race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neil Tasker

there is no reason why it couldn't be an option Henri.
    this post is here to get your comments and feedback

5. Neil Tasker

agreed Andrew it will have to be at-least 20 team pairs signed up for it too work,

6. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

As always, thanks for the feedback. We have been working to increase grid size since this time last year and I think we have made good progress. I believe Rob said it best when he concluded, to increase grid size we must increase the membership base. It's quite simple. And we are growing, slow and steady. There are members who race more frequently and use multiple sims. Some who race the first 2-3 events and then drop out of the series And then there are members who register for the site but never sign up for a race. And we have a small issue with time zones. Our events are most favorable to European time zone but even there, some find it difficult to fit SRO racing into their schedule. Expanding our series into additional time slots may worsen the problem, as we experienced in the past.

So whenever possible, tell your friends about SRO and leave posts on racing forums with links to this site. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I was just talking to admins about a special event at Nords. Stay tuned. :)

• Like Like x 3