Not a fan of this!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by Andre Depit, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Andre Depit

Andre Depit Pro Driver

Hi All,

Got this game at the weekend and so far not a fan. The main reason is I like to drive in VR as I find it better for me. Now I have gotten into the VR side of things but can't figure out how to centre the camera and get it working. I see the main screen but it is below me in the garage and to the right is a driver but I can't get out from my little corner. For me a racing game must have this but in an easy to understand way. This is anything but! Now am I being stupid? Please let me know as so frustrating.

Thank you

Andre

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sounds like you need to have a look in the ACC forum , lots of VR users finding ways to get it working ,remember its still early release/beta .. In one or 2 clicks on the ACC forum I found this > https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/vr-how-to.51983/
    A few instructions for VR.

Default input for Center view: CTRL + Space

You can also map Center view to Look Left or Right (hold for 2 sec) in-game and Cycle Left or Right (hold for 2 sec) in the UI.
    Remember that UI controls can be overlapped with driving controls, so we recomment binding the UI view reset to an input that is easily recognisable with the headset on, such as Shift Up or Down.
    This way you can map the center view to a controller key and it'll require only one additional input.

In-game navigation is possible via keyboard, Gamepad or D-pad. Basic keyboard controls include Up, Down, Left, Right, Enter, Back, PgUp, PgDown.

Make sure you configure your custom navigation and enter/back keys in regular rendering mode before launching VR.

In Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/ you find a vrSettings.json, where you can edit the ingame HUD and the UI, including tracker lock and draw size.

In-game keys to adjust the HUD and Menu layers are CTRL+left/right to move forward/backward, and CTRL+shift+left/right to scale up/down.

Your settings will be saved in the aforementioned vrSettings.json file. In this file, you have additional options to choose between layer types and spectator options:

Layer type options: 1=tracker locked (default) or 2=face locked
    if you want your hud/racing menu moving with your view, put 1. if you want them to be fixed, set 2

Spectator mode options: 0=disabled, 3=distorted, 5=single eye (default)
    this setting is to choose what to see on your monitor

Press F2 key in-game to cycle to the HELP HUD, where you can also see the hotkeys.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 2