Project Cars 2 PC2 SRO GT Endurance Championship Round 5 Silverstone

Discussion in 'SRO GT Endurance Championship 2018 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

An update for this fridays event, round 5 at Silverstone.

As I am away from home this week (Holiday, yeeaahhh) I do plan to get back on Friday but I may not make it home in time to run this event. So with that and the fact there is no other admin available we have a choice to either....

1.....Move the event to the 27th July.
    2.....Cancel the event.

I vote to move the event but I will leave it to you guys who take part in the series.

My Holiday was very short notice (1 week before) hence the reason why I'm late sorting it out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I have a rare night off this Friday so I've signed up for this one :)

Been doing quite a lot of racing in PC2 recently. For all it's faults, the visuals make up for the little niggles.

I've picked GT1 as I just love that class but if I feel it'll be too much I'll drop back to GT3.

3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

@Kenny Press

Sorry my friend I'm still learning PC2
    I can see the server but cannot join?

Practicing offline for the time being.

4. Kenny Press

Is it disconnecting you? If it is just keep trying as this game seems to do it all the time.

5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

No my friend.
    All the other servers have join next to them apart from two.

Yours and one other. Maybe it's my choice of car?

Will check again.

6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Looks like I don't meet the minimum grade?

All the u100 servers I can join. Yours is f100

7. Kenny Press

gimmie 2 mins I will restart server and reset it, stupid game it should be no license needed

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

OK. Quick recap.

Firstly thanks for setting up the event.
    Ive only done racing in P2 cars at the moment on PC2 so this was all new to me however thought I'd give it a try.

My biggest issue (which I think I've now solved) was the inability to get the wheel working with game. Keeps doing this and it drives me nuts. So I lost an hour and had no practice which was a real shame.

Straight into qualifying with default setup and a full tank. Car felt quite good but wallows around a lot and understeered like crazy. Just felt like I couldnt get any front turn in at all.

Into the race and things were going OK. Accidently caused a penalty when I ran wide really just to give room to the other car but got given a penalty. Fair enough.

The rest of the race was really just running down the laps and learning the car. Still felt like an oil tanker on turn in and just got really frustrating. Lol, although I was playing with lines and driving style. You have to corner entry a lot slower than you think. Complete opposite of a down force car.

Otherwise graphics looked amazing with the sun setting. Lovely stuff.

Then with 15 minutes to go I hit the wall on the exit of luffield and damaged the front and steering. So just brought it home.

Shame no more people turned up and only a suggestion, the real cars have traction control so maybe an idea to activate that. I see ABS was working though.

I usually work Fridays so can't make these races normally but fun anyway.