Assetto Corsa Porsche 718 Spyder RS Classic Tour

Discussion in 'Porsche 718 Spyder RS Classic Tour Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

where we can find this car, is it part of the original content?

FOUND, THANKS LOL

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

You need Porsche Pack 2

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Kiitos Henri, found it.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

6. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Took me a while, I googled the car '718 spyder s' that is shown on the championship page, and saw some modern day thing, so didn't bother looking into this.

Now I see the image above, and see it is a '718 RS 60 Spyder' that the championship is using.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ken Jagger

Anyone running this series should download and install this skin pack, otherwise some cars will not appear correctly. These skins are the personal ones already submitted by some of our members.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

I forgot to say, you should install them in this folder \STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_porsche_718_spyder_rs\skins

9. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hello guys, new to this forum..
    I'm a classic car sim racer and I'm looking for events with fair and clean drivers.

I'd like to join you, maybe not right for this today event, but sooner or later.. ? If ever you're ok, where could I find this Sebring track plz ?
    Thank you,
    Regards.

Edit : I found a DL section, sry. I just hope this Sebring version in the one you're going to race at.
    Still, is there any password or something ?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  10. Andrew Williams

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Thank you.

I like the racing rules, looks to be serious racing, very nice. I hope I will not be a stupid wrecker of anyone's race, but I don't know the track yet, and didn't raced online seriously since years.. :/ So I registered but might be take the decision not to make it if I feel I could be too much of a danger for other drivers. I will unregister if necessary.
    Sorry for that, maybe I shoulnd't register at all ? I'm so late on that event.. :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Andrew Williams

My suggestion, if you are unsure of the track etc. then run some laps before qualifying (there is still a few hours until qualifying)
    Don't qualify so you start last on the grid (then you won't 'be a stupid wrecker' to anyone else)
    Then you can race, learning the car and the track (watching those just ahead) , and maybe pick up positions during the race as you get more comfortable.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

That quite was my plan. :)
    But I have a faulty contact on my Thrustmater T500 RS supply, so I lost even more time. Will be tricky.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ken Jagger

If you do make it for the race, remember to check the race page as a new Race Password will be set, usually within the final hour before Qualifying starts.

15. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hey guys,

Thank you for this racing last night. Nice to be back in some fair classic racing.
    Looks like I was the only one with a 1 pit strategy ? (Wasn't the good one of course, just I thought tyres would be too much deteriorated.)
    Could anyone kindly provide a replay of the first few laps to me please ? Mine last only about 10 last laps. This would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ken Jagger

17. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Sry, I hadn't spotted this replay link, thank you !

18. Ken Jagger

No need to apologise Maxime. We do not normally upload replays by default, only when somebody asks, which is what I did in response to your request. :)

19. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Great run by Tim for the win! Well done. Grats to Fabrizio and Veli-Matti for the remaining podium honours. I had a fine time in the RS60 getting more and more familiar with it each lap. From pre-race trials of around 2m50s, I'm very pleased to see that I cut a 2m46s lap in my efforts to keep up with Karl. Alas, that was not be. I was hoping to escape being lapped but Tim and Fabrizio caught me late in the going. My graphics settings were much improved from earlier trials and it's carrying over to other circuits and mods, too. Still such a noob in AC. I'm looking forward to a better showing comes Rouen.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Ah ok.
    Unfortunately our own replays are limited to 1000mb I believe, and my setting until this day was about 250mb so that I had only the 10 last laps by my own. Can we overwrite this 1000mb limit somewhere in a .ini file maybe ?..