Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 2 Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

cayman r2.jpg
    PRE/POST RACE COMMENTS

Have you say and/or show us some screenshots​

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Artur Langenfeld has been unregistered from the series for no-show at Round 1 Barcelona.

3. Ken Jagger

SERVER IS UP

4. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Hi Ken
    Delete me from the hit list, I have something else I want to run.

5. Ken Jagger

Just unregister yourself from the race.

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry not feeling up to this tonight. Have a good race. See you next time. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

also! gonna be running my full first race on my VR (finally got Assetto corsa to run steady on my quest 2) so should be fun!!

8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I seem to be in a random silver car tonight Ken - #6 I think it is?

9. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I have to unregister as my framerate issues are still not fixed. I've been trying lot's of things over the week but it's still too stuttery to race. I was just doing laps now with 6 others on track and it was already quite jerky :(

I'm unregistering from all the series here at SRO until it is fixed.

10. Ken Jagger

That's a tough break Laurent. Hope you can get it sorted soon and get back racing with us.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

Should be fixed now. My bad sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Laurent Londes

Not that I think this is the issue but are all skins 2K? Is there a guideline for custom skins at SRO?

13. Ken Jagger

14. Laurent Londes

15. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

apologise for tonight, i tried to get ac to run in VR and just as i got it to work it crashed and the server wouldnt let me in, is there anyone i could get into race 2!?!?

16. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

Hi wont be racing this series either . while defending from Jens Roos he side swiped me off the track. i dont think i want top race with that kind of driver.

17. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I'll look at the replay if it gets uploaded, but from my point of view I was well on your inside and you bumped into me not noticing me being there. I think claiming someone to actually bump you of track is a bit harsh without looking at it from several views. I don't think that kind of driving is happening here at SRO from any driver but mistakes do happen.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

what a cracking pair of races they were last night. Very intense tough sprints with clean close quarters action from lights to flag :cool:
    Qualified in top 10 and finished in top 10 both races despite a healthy range of aliens :)
    Think i was 7th in race 1, though hoping that may be a place higher once Race control see's someones blatant track limits abuse ahead of me :rolleyes: at least try and make the corner instead of using it as a full car widths wider than it is o_O But it was a fantastic race in a very tight group of 4 cars jostling for position from 4th to 7th.
    Race 2 i qualified 6th and finished 4th after being pressured the entire race by the very fast Andy Williams. :eek: Kept my composure despite the pressure and was very pleased to finish well on my home track in such fast esteemed company :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  19. Ken Jagger

During pre-race practice I observed, from close quarters, cars going completely off track in T3 which is why I requested everyone to respect the track limits by adhering to our standing rule about keeping two wheels inside the white lines at all times. Clearly this went unheeded and or ignored. I will remind everyone that when you register for our races you have to click the box which states "I have read, understand, and agree to the SRO Rules and Regulations. By clicking Register I agree to race by these rules."

I also saw one driver improve his final lap time and grid position in Qualifying by hugely exceeding the track limits at T3. AC does not save replays to the server, so reviews rely on an Admin saved video to review any incidents/protests. With this series being a two-race event, without leaving the server after the first race and saving the replay, it's not possible to get a replay of the 1st race. To resolve this, at future rounds the hosting Admin (either Kenny Press or myself, or both) will leave the server after race 1 is complete and save the replay, before returning for the race 2 start.

Any reviews of our races require the replay to be available, so for this 1st race it is not possible to fairly review and apply any penalties that may have been determined to be necessary. I would also remind members that an official protest needs to be logged with the Hosting Admin for any review or action to take place.

No further leniency concerning SRO Rules will be granted for future races.

20. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Very nice surprise yesterday with the Cayman GT4.
    Not a great qualy and starting 10th in the first race. That gave some more opportunities to improve during the race. I think I managed a solid performance in this first race. Had a couple of good overtakes, particularly at @Dimitri Syrkin as he was fighting hard to overtake @Andrew Williams ... It's really tricky when a few cars are fighting closely not to end up in a difficult place to defend your position after attempting an overtake. I found myself a few laps later defending from Dimitri... Congrats to Andrew on his fantastic defense and the podium that had a fantastic pace.
    I leave the video of the first race here and might also process the 2nd race and comment in another post later:

• Like Like x 1