Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 3 Imola

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

cayman r3.jpg
    PRE/POST RACE COMMENTS

Have you say and/or show us some screenshots​

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

3. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Going to be mega hard trying to hold position against the track limit abuses here :eek:

4. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Incorrect Server settings have been amended for track cutting, as we normally deal with this offence by either protest or Admin review.

5. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

gonna be attending this one!! decided to not run the risk of VR tonight so ill be on single screen!! again apolgoies for missing round 2, VR technical issues ment i couldnt attend! but im back!

6. Stephen Hayward

Stephen Hayward Pro Driver

Help please, first race this evening since i joined a couple of months ago (will introduce myself when i get a spare moment). I finally found the server and discovered i am racing with an old username . I cannot find a way of removing it and as the rules say full name only on the track i unfortunately will have to remove myself unless i can find a solution. Any suggestions would be most grateful...regards...Steve

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joel Ryczek

Joel Ryczek Pro Driver

do you mean your asseto corsa online name?? and are you iusing the content manager launcher??

8. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

in AC go to settings - profile and if i remember right you can change your in-game name by clicking somewhere in the top left of the screen (that hopefully makes more sense when you're looking at it).
    I may have the names wrong, but it'll be something that means the same thing

9. Stephen Hayward

i am using content manager but this username never gets used or seen. I have been into ac but cant find the name that comes up on the server. I will try again. Thanks for your help guys

10. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i had the same problem Stephen when using Content manager. I checked in-game, in steam and in CM but cant find for the life where its still getting my nickname from. I had to resort to using the stock 'dog-slow' kunos AC front end to run AC for use on here. Must be buried in an ini or cfg file o_O

11. Stephen Hayward

Nope, just checked and its my real name. Also SRS does not have the same issue. It's something i linked up to in the past but i cannot remember when and what it was. It may of been another sever and it overriding this one. Instead of driving i am going round in circles trying to fix it!

12. Stephen Hayward

Thanks Mark, just as i read your post i was also thinking of dusting off the old site. Will try that next...cheers

13. Stephen Hayward

Cant even find the server on the old ac. tried search and used my eagle eye!

14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

I think I recall that AC takes your online name from steam?

However, in CM

upload_2021-1-18_17-3-27.png

15. Stephen Hayward

You are a STAR Andrew. Bang on with that advise. Thankyou very much

16. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Not in stock AC - that's done here:
    AC names1.png

17. Stephen Hayward

In my case ac original was ok with correct name. That's what through me. Online section of CM was the problem and so easy to fix thanks to Andrew. I have not been on the server yet but i am sure it will be fine now ...cheers guys

18. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

Moniseur @Charlie Triboté, tu n'étais pas très gentil avec moi dans le virage deux, permier tour, course deux.

Not really my day, in the first race I lacked in pace, in the second things were beyond my control. The race was still better until I threw P11 away by driving over the astro turf. :mad:
    Sorry @Stephen Hayward for my impatience and thanks for offering room to make my slightly overambitious manoeuvre work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I can't complain at all about my races, as they were both really fun and fair, given that we raced at inches from each other bumpers!

In race one I was a bit slow to put the 1st gear probably and Ilya could get along my car on the inside, so that was a free pass I can't afford against him :D
    After that I fought to stay with Ilya during the first 6-7 laps of the race, cause Tim was probably sucked up in some contact at the start.
    However at lap 7 or so I misjudged the Tamburello braking, losing 1 second from Ilya and losing some focus too. At that point, @Gustavo Bueno was breathing right on my neck.
    We had a really good and close fight. I could feel a sensation of safety when he was around me, and it's something unusual that I experience only with a restricted number of drivers. We did the "Variante del Tamburello" side by side giving each other room, and we did the Rivazza 2 side by side without even a slight touch. I guess that is pretty remarkable mate. Well done for our duel! Cheers ;)

Grats Ilya for your 1st place!

However, Race 2 was probably even better! It started with a good manouvre on Ilya, exploiting his poor exit at "Variante Tamburello" during the first lap, so I could get along side him before the first left of "Variante Villeneuve".
    After that I started another 6 laps of pure fight with Tim. I was right on his bumpers, but I know it wouldn't be an easy pass. And that did never happen. After 6 laps on his bumpers I touched the grass at the "Acque Minerali", and only for a miracle I managed to prevent the car from spinning, but I lost contact with Tim, and Ilya was now second. I immediately regained focus on the race, and tenth after tenth I exploited the pressure that Ilya was imposing on Tim. With 2 laps to go I was not so far by them, but I guess that Ilya touched the rear of Tim's car at the braking of Tamburello. I exploited this situation again to gain the lead, even if Ilya did not wait Tim immediately, starting another great fight until the exit of the 2nd corner of Rivazza. After that corner, with a remarkable sense of sportmanship he decided to lift off the throttle and let Tim pass to regain at least his second place. Well done Ilya and Tim :)

Great evening of online racing tonight at SRO. Well done chaps :)

See you for the next :D

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mitchell Kakotsky

Mitchell Kakotsky Pro Driver

Had two very clumsy races, but it generally didn't feel like the cleanest race ever.
    I was outbraking myself in the T1 and T4 chicane respectively, while being on the inside of somebody and thus forcing them of the track. Sorry to whoever it was, I should practice racing others at Imola more... I hope (and I don't think) that I compromised anybody's race too much, I certainly dropped down the order after these incidences.
    Anyways, had lots of fun and I look forward to further racing with you guys :)

• Like Like x 1