Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 4 Zandvoort

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

cayman r4.jpg
    PRE/POST RACE COMMENTS

Have you say and/or show us some screenshots​

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

3. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

I don't see the server in the lobby. Just me or? Track is stock, and I obviously have the car since I raced at Imola.

4. Ken Jagger

Restarted the server and it now displays in the list when searching for "SRO". Make sure to scroll down on the returned search list as its quite often below the first displayed list of servers.

5. Ilya Krivokhizhin

Ilya Krivokhizhin Pro Driver

Hi guys, are we using standart Zandvoort track today? Because I see there are 23 people registered and they are all shown green but Zandvoort has only 18 pitboxes?

6. Ken Jagger

The server is set correctly for 18 clients. The SRO event page uses a standard default setting when the series is created for all events within that series. The Zandvoort page should've been amended in advance to reflect only 18 for this track. It's now been amended so some drivers red-lit correctly.

7. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

If I was thrown into the red light list with 3 hours to go I wouldn't be very happy about that. These are things to which the organizers MUST think in advance.
    It's simply unbelievable to put off 5 people from the race when you created this issue, that was possible to solve just by putting the OSRW version on the server. It's obvious that when you change the criteria to allow people to join the server with 3 hours to go, people will not be very happy about this. There's a lack in organization to be honest. And lately it's becoming a habit.

8. Ken Jagger

And we are not happy when people don't unregister, which is at nearly every race. If they did more guys who do want to race would get in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I'm stuck with work and might not make it back in time, I'll un-register for this race and hope someone else can use it.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

Christian Mentin has been unregistered from the series for no-show/notification/not unregistering at the last two races in this series.

11. Christian Mentin

Christian Mentin Pro Driver

:( - I was about to join today! But thats the rules - accepted.
    Apologies Ken - last two weeks i got stuck at work - next time ill try to unregister using my phone - sorry for that.
    Hopefully be able to participate next season again.
    cheers Christian

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Miguel Santos

Miguel Santos Pro Driver

Couldn't join in time. I must arrive earlier next week. 'Hope you guys have fun!

13. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver Donator

Amazing, I was just disqualified again... :eek: And unlike the 1st race I had the correct skin this time.

14. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

It is not all about them, one of my teammates mentioned that fact (18 pit boxes) before the series started to me. Instead of raising the question about that here, I forgot about it. In fact, we did go double down on this because we unregistered after the first "weekend" to join the series as a team. So we risked it being a red light even though we could have known it better. So I think we should not continue the blame game. I appreciate Ken's and Kenny's work, thanks, guys.

That brings me to the race. I really struggled in qualifying and in fact I was far away from my PB. That is why I always have to start in the back, which makes my life more difficult than necessary. Again I got a big hit from behind, not at the start but some laps into the race, before the Audi S. Not a big problem as I think this was not done on purpose. I had a good fight with @Syd Drake. He also braked very late for that Audi S in the last lap, but fortunately this time it was no punt. So no worries about that.

The second race was better and even though I hit @Lukas Struzik car pretty hard it was my best result in this series. I know that if you spin and end up on the ideal line you want to get off from that and continue as fast as possible. But as I was following @Mitchell Kakotsky I could do nothing to avoid, so I think it would have been better to stay where you are until there is a gap.
    My front was heavily damaged and @Kiril Kirilov passed me as I had 10 km/h less top speed. But to my surprise, the steering was still straight. And this time I was a bit lucky as Charlie lost his car right behind again approaching the Audi S but hit not me. I was really afraid of turning as I noticed something strange in my mirrors.

See you at the next round.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lukas Struzik

Lukas Struzik Pro Driver

Yea, forgive me for that... was on a decent lap, high 1:45 think so. Rear left wheel caught some sand creating a massive spin. Wanted asap get out from the race line but was nothing i can do about it too much speed, around 190 km/h... :/ Damaged all front of the car and have to retire from race.

16. Ken Jagger

17. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Two good races for me last night, 5th and 4th :)
    Hadnt expected to enjoy this round as the zandvoort oscillating bumps in a VR set were a little intense after a day of staring at screens for work. I also expected both races to be an intense close train of cars jostling in the tight corners but that didnt turn out that way oddly.
    Got a great start in both races and fought for position in the early corners but in each case couldnt get past the car alongside without risking a contact so just conceded. Had good pace and was pleased to be in the 45's, not quite the lap of the gods 44's like the front few aliens but quick enough to keep any chasers off my tail :) I got a bit lucky in race 1 when Jos and another bounced off each other ahead and Jos went off, so gained a spot. In the second race i had Phil chasing me for a while but that was it really, i gradually pulled away and nobody challenged me for the remainder of the races, i just kept my pace consistent and finished well. Was very pleased to finish 4th behind the top 3 alien drivers o_O another good haul of points, now joint 3rd in the table after 6 rounds with mighty Matteo :cool:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

That's strange, cause you should have 8 events and me 6, as I jumped Brands Hatch. Watching at both race results of zandvoort, there isn't any detail. Probably @Ken Jagger will update it soon, but it's strange cause in the event list appears the next event (Interlagos), but if you click on both Zandovoort races to see results they're empty at the moment. So the general classification is not updated yet and I bet it will be updated soon.

About my races, I was not on the right mood yesterday evening. I jumped on the server right at the start of qualif, but I need to heat up a bit usually. So my Qualif 1 was horrible. After a mistake at the start I found myself behind Jos and I got a bit nervous during our duel. I even reacted badly to a slight touch we had, and honestly I shouldn't have reacted like this. I already apologized with Jos for my stupid move, and he understood that my manouvre was due to a moment of lack of lucidity during our battle. Father Jos has already prescribed my penitence, so I will atone my sin soon :D

About race 2, I had a good start and immediately jumped on Tim's bumper. Tim says that he noticed the effect of draft at the end of the straight, but I must be blind, cause the only track in which I perceived the draft effect was Imola at the moment. With these cars is really difficult to get alongside someone exploiting the draft, unless a mistake by the driver in front. After I missed the braking point at the chicane of the third sector, my car started to get worse lap after lap. I didn't change anything in setup, but my car wasn't stopping at all. Don't know what to think honestly. Probably different temps from race 2, but the grip was completely different by race 1.

Better to move on to the next :)

See you

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Not much time to practice with the Cayman at Zandvoort so, after trying a few setups, I decided to keep the one I did for Imola, which appeared sufficiently stable and solid. I did a 45 on it during the first qualy, so it was promising as I was anticipating some improvements during the race... I was wrong.
    I never felt comfortable with the setup during the races and there were sections where I was correcting (upshifting, downshifting) absurdly...

Race 1: Not a great race. Uncomfortable I was with the setup and with @Matteo Santini's pressure, I had a few clumsy moves that probably contributed to Matteos' desperation... We had our incident that has been clarified now and we have moved on. I managed to recover quickly and only lost the position to Matteos and @Mark Johnson. Congrats to Mark on his great pace. He was unreachable yesterday and the race ended with a P6 and not much glory.

Race 2: Much better race, certainly much more fun. Particularly my battle with @Phil Brown. Still not happy with the setup and not making any improvements on my times but putting pressure. I think Phil must have had a gear shift missing on the straight or something as I suddenly found myself much closer than I had anticipated considering the poor draft these cars have. That was a good battle that ended well for me. I tried to catch up with Mark but, again, he was unreachable yesterday. P5 and a bit more glory for this race.

Moving on now and looking forward to the next race.
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Ken Jagger

Results processing has been delayed due to two driver name issues causing problems, which need to be fixed first.

• Like Like x 1