Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 7 Silverstone

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

cayman r7.jpg
    PRE/POST RACE COMMENTS

Have you say and/or show us some screenshots​

2. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Hi Kenny - I may be quite late to this one. The dog is ill so I won't be able to leave her until my GF is home...
    I won't un-register yet as you seem to have space and I'm hoping to still make it :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Another great pair of races last night albeit i got pushed back a couple of places from the lofty heights i've got familiar with in this series so far. I just couldnt keep up the ultimate pace (2.11's) that the front guys were pumping in though was very pleased when i finally got into the 'lap of the gods' times in Race 1. i just couldnt get the tyres to bite into the tarmac here, the tyres really felt like 'Hard' road tyres to me on the Silverstone tarmac. Tried several tweaks but was never fully happy with front end grip.
    Qualified 8th after being 6th right upto the dying seconds.:confused:
    Got a great start and then enjoyed a great long battle with Phil Brown that lasted many laps whilst chasing Tim ahead. Tim was uncharacteristicly ragged in the first few laps and i had a few nervous moments behind his swinging derrier until he got his rhythm. Eventually got past Phil then had a cracking battle with Lorenzo ahead until i got past. I think by mid-race i was running 5th or 6th and in a 3 car chase with Tim and Laurent ahead who were duking it out. When Tim passed him i was then attacking Laurent for a fair few laps until near the very end and finished 6th (i think).
    Race 2, for second week running had a duff 2nd qually and only bagged 10th on the grid. In an attempt to find those extra missing 10ths i altered my setup slightly for Race 2. It was much better in some corners yet ultimately slower over a full lap in the race by a couple of tenths :rolleyes:
    But i once again enjoyed some fantastic battles, In the early laps it had been amazing with about 6 of us cars all dicing for positions for many laps, a proper battle on the wide tarmac :cool: and especially a many laps thriller with Lorenzo whilst he fought the car ahead. We had quite a few side by side battles and it was great fun within very close proximity until ultimately i locked my front tyres trying to follow too closely into the hard braking zone into Brooklands. I didnt slide off but lost about 1.5 seconds and it seemed thats all it needed to take the pressure off Lorenzo and he and the car ahead were able to maintain or increase their gap back to me until the end. :( Still i had gained 4 positions from my qually start so a good result and finished 6th again.
    Truly fast pace ahead again :eek: well done to the winners and podium:cool:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Last night there were two wonderful races, although I didn't get to the positions I wanted, considering the level of the drivers I can only be satisfied. Both races were very close, without lack of fairness on the track. In the second race I put in a smaller amount of fuel and my pace was significantly affected, at this level every little detail makes the difference.

See you in Zolder!

Lorenzo

• Like Like x 5
  6. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

A couple of good races for me yesterday, despite Ilya was much more consistent on pace and therefore "uncatchable".
    In race 1 I tried to fight tooth and nail during the first 3 laps. I even managed to pass Ilya, but I trashed everything going wide at T1 in subsequent lap. So Ilya escaped with a better pace and I had to be happy with 2nd place.

In race 2 I was eager to do better and things got worse :D
    I did a mistake and Dimitry could pass me at Stowe, after I misjudged brutally my braking point being on the inside, so I engaged a spectacular fight with him that lasted for a couple of laps, with some good side by side moment. We had a slight contact caused by me at Brooklands braking, so I decided to lift up immediately and let him pass again, losing a place even by Tim only for 300 meters or so cause he was "soft" in his defense at Copse, leaving me the inside without pulling the braking.
    I finally completed the overtake on the outside at Stowe, taking back the 2nd position, and leaving Dimitry and Tim to follow on their fights.

Hats off to Ilya for his brutal pace. Nothing to do this time for me. Well done everybody.

See you for the last at Zolder

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Laurent Londes did not score in Race 2 as he was not registered for the 2nd race, only the 1st.

8. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

No problem, I didn't want to influence the championship results for anyone by participating anyway, so I would be fine with not scoring at all. I wasn't aware of the registry for both races, sorry if it messed up the result processing. I wanted to see if my VR issues were resolved after months of not racing. It's better at least!

• Like Like x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Denis Fominykh

Denis Fominykh Pro Driver

I thought, that in race 2, i was overtook Mitchell Kakotsky and Dimitri Syrkin. Isn't it?
    In the last lap i was overtook someone, we've finished "nose by nose".

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ilya Krivokhizhin

Ilya Krivokhizhin Pro Driver

Guys, since this championship is coming to a close can I make a suggestion on a next series? I think Porsche Cup is always popular and I would love to race you guys in this car. The series's format will do as well except for second qualy) Maybe just a reverse grid for second race. What do you think?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I think that you should join the next champ with Lola T70 on AC, that will start in 2 mondays :D:D (March 1)

https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/235

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

You crossed the line in front of Mitchell.
    However, it looks like you got a penalty of 0.2s for whatever reason: http://managerdc6.rackservice.org:50328/sessiondetails?sessionid=2728
    Seems like it was enough for Mitchell and Dimitri to land in front of you.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The final results show you ran in 8th position for the final 5 laps. It was actually 9th until Laurent Londes was excluded for not being registered.

Cayman Silverstone R2 Fominykh.jpg

The detailed results show Dmitri passed you on the final lap.

Cayman Silverstone R2 Fominykh B.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

First of all, it was a good fight with you in race one and it seems that we are even in points for the third consecutive race weekend in a row. Not sure how we managed to do that o_O

Adding to that what @Franz Herbert Mann @Ken Jagger said, in the replay you are clearly beating Mitchell and Dimitri to the line, after passing him in the last lap. So he was quite suprised to be in front of you in the end result. @Mitchell Kakotsky also stated that you lagged the whole race (which made him a bit nervous). I can confirm that, because at least one time I saw you all over the place at the hangar straight, which scared me a bit too.

I assume that is the reason for that time penalty Franz is refering too. Based on that what happend to Mitchell in Interlagos race one, where he lagged too. If you check the same session details for that race, you can spot also a bigger time penalty than some tenths, even if it was negative in this case. Unfortunate for you, but that seems to be the way the game works.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Denis Fominykh

Denis Fominykh Pro Driver

Really, i have penalities...
    Sorry for my lags(((