Assetto Corsa Porsche Cayman GT4 Round 8 Zolder

Discussion in 'AC SRO Porsche Cayman Cup GT4 S1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

cayman r8.jpg
    PRE/POST RACE COMMENTS

Have you say and/or show us some screenshots​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

3. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

It looks like that there is an error on the Zolder track. It is not possible to leave the pitlane. The first time you try to leave the track penalties get locked for 30 seconds. The second time you get kicked from the server.
    However, if you drive backward :Dout of the pitlane it's not a problem anymore. Maybe the track creator can take another look and double-check if my observation is correct.
    Cheers!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I have to confirm that, online as offline, if you try to leave the pit you get that sign that warns you, that you are driving in the wrong dicretion.

I don´t get that when I loead the other zolder track (Zolder online), where is no warning at pit exit. So I would suggest that as solution ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

I seem to remember this problem from a while back, so maybe it is just the track mod which is the problem. We'll look into it.

6. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

We could decide to go the wrong way on the track :D:D:D

However, jokes apart, I have to confirm that too. I was just about to suggest to run Mugello as an alternative, but than came Philipp and ruined my party :D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Ken Jagger

Try the server now.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Franz Herbert Mann

It works :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I found myself in a funnel between Lorenzo and Ilya in race 2. I tried to avoid the contact with Ilya but I slightly touched his rear and for Ilya was impossible to control his car. Than started the mayhem behind me and I decided that was enough for this evening. Sorry Ilya... I decided to punish myself retiring directly from the race. Luckily your advantage is so strong that you'll need only to see the checkered flag to win the champ :)

Grats to Ilya for the champ, to Tim for 2nd place and sorry again for the mayhem at the start.

I can add a thing: I'll never race on modern Zolder again and gladly it's over with this car and its bugs. I hope that Lola will bring some smiles on my face, because this car was becoming painful to drive. At least has provided some good racing... ehm... except tonight :(

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Franz Herbert Mann

As usual, the replays for anyone interessted::https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wve0jnbo4wlm18t/AACwWuqDnUtg073VdXgQdh6Pa?dl=0
    A pretty eventful day with lots of action on the track.

Race 1 was straightforward for me with not much happening besides the first corner and the second chicane.

Race 2 was a bit rougher.
    The incident in T1 put me to the back of the pack.
    In the second lap, I had another incident with @Jens Roos :(. Not sure who's to blame but I think we both share equal responsibility?
    The next few laps I hooked myself onto Ilya who charged through the back of the field.
    Unfortunately, I had yet another incident with @Syd Drake for which I take full responsibility after watching the replay.
    As I did not recognize who is to blame during the race I did not slow down. What is your point of view @Syd Drake ?

I don't think you have to blame yourself for this incident. One crash simply led to the other(s). At least, that's my point of view.

Congratulations to the winners of the race and the winners of the championship.
    Thanks to all who participated in this championship. At least I had a lot of fun.
    Also thanks again to the organizers. Everything worked pretty flawlessly.

Looking forward to seeing you guys around.
    Cheers ;)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ilya Krivokhizhin

Ilya Krivokhizhin Pro Driver

No worries it happens mate) I saw on the replay you were trying to avoid the car on your left. Your self-punishment was too harsh of course))

Well, the championship is over, it was really great racing with you guys! Thanks a lot to all the participants and organizers!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Syd Drake

Syd Drake Pro Driver

If it's the one towards the end of the race, I consider it a racing incident. We were close going into the chicane, you could have left me more space, but I think I got unlucky to go into a full spin from a relatively minor door-to-door contact.
    Still it was nice to fight with lot's of other drivers in the second race. I'm usually way at the back in these cars, but here I had a bit better pace, and l1 incidents put me into 5th place. After that spin went back to 11th, and managed to recover one place, outdraging someone from the hairpin on the last lap.
    I also had an incident on that first lap. I was trying to squeeze though the cars and just as I thought I was clear I so a car spinning into my path from my right and I swerved to the left. I didn't realize there was a car that had some overlap with me there and ended up pushing him into a spin. In the race I barely felt anything, and didn't know I hit him that hard. Sorry.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

What are the bugs actually? I'm not aware of any.

14. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Well, that first lap was wild, I saw @Mark Johnson spinning on the inside, therefore I went wide and avoided him. But I couldn´t avoid @Matteo Santini because @Ilya Krivokhizhin spun back in his way. Therefore I ended up in the gravel trap with a damaged front. Others had more bad luck but I was still behind clearly slower guys. And passing here is hard and if you are not careful you get caught out from behind. @Mark Johnson passed me and had also problems passing @David Plummer and hit him in turn eight. I was directly behind and could not avoid his car. Sorry, I am not sure if you could have caught that half spin but I had nowhere to go. And it cost me two spots too. In the end I recovered two places but lost again one to @Mark Johnson which is probably a fair result in that regard. But we are probably both not amused being affected that hard by that first lap incident.

But as @Franz Herbert Mann said, that can happen. Race one was much better for me, but in the end, I was not able to keep @Denis Fominykh behind in the standing. Congrats, fully deserved with your performance in race 2 today.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

No problem, I haven't look at details in the replay but from my point of view I'll consider that an race incident.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Tale of two races for me. I am not a fan of Zolder to be honest but got my head down and improved my pb by over a second on race night :)
    Race 1 qualified decently enough in 5th place. Got a good start and was able to attack from the beginning keeping up with the front pack who all seemed to start tripping over each other at Chicane 1 and 2 and had to have my wits about me to avoid some errant cars :eek: Soon found myself fighting for 3rd with Lorenzo and we had a great chase to the chequered flag with only 1 to 1.5 secs between us for most of the race :cool: But i couldnt close right up on him and finished a fine 4th place :)

Race 2, think i was 7th or 8th on the grid. Got another good start and was alongside a car into T1, thought i had got through un-scathed as usually everyone is quite careful in this series on lap 1 but then got clattered by a car coming inboard who must have got hit by someone on his right. This sent me spinning around right into the path of the following grid and i was hit at least 4-5 times :( I rejoined down in about 12th i think as others had gone off.
    But had good pace despite the damage and rapidly closed on a few cars ahead. Got past a few cars with a decent move and set about putting the next car under pressure for 7th or 8th - Plummer? But at the 90 degree bend he seemed to come to a complete standstill mid-apex and i hit him up the derrier just through momentum. Unfortunately for me about 3 cars behind me all piled into me as well and once again i was left a spinning smashed up mess :( - doesnt anyone lift when they see an incident? o_O
    This totally ruined my race. It took about 5mins to re-catch the pack once again. I was amazed the car had any pace left but guess aero doesnt make much odds at this track. I re-caught and passed two more cars after a good brief battle and amazingly finished 8th :)

Hopefully i earned enough points to keep my 4th place in the championship, a very satisfying series and enjoyed many fantastic close battles in every race :cool: Well done to Illya for the championship win and the runners up guys :cool:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Denis Fominykh

Denis Fominykh Pro Driver

Thanks)
    I could have driven better first race, but something went wrong))
    I did a mistake in first lap...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

any chance we can have the final championship results? :)

19. Ken Jagger

Following several comments about driving standards at these final races, I asked Kenny Press as the hosting admin if he had received any protests before I processed the results. I've not had anything from him so the results will be processed later today.

20. David Plummer

David Plummer Pro Driver

I think @Mark Johnson missed his braking point? or i break earlier than him going into that corner, he just smashed straight into the back of me. As far as i know i didnt hold anyone up? if they are faster than me i dont see the point of wrecking someone's race.

Other than the carnage in race 2 t1 it was pretty quite at the back