Project Cars 2 in 2019 @ SRO

Discussion in 'Project Cars 2' started by Rob Milliken, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Guys we have a nice group so far slowly growing with a good core of 10-12 drivers ..
    I would like to know what kind of racing you guys would like to see in the up coming 2019 season .
    Im mainly talking weekend series but I want to include any and all interests for the sim so please ,to keep pc2 going here at SRO let us know what you want to race ?
    Thx !

2. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Rallycross could be fun. And VLN series never disappoint.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Guys we need some more suggestions !

4. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

Run an AC series!
    Only joking, Ok, ok, I'm leaving.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Rob Milliken

Hahahh Lary I know your having some feel issues with pc2 .. I felt the same thing at first ..the body roll/suspention/tire foot print are all advanced from what we might be used to ..
    The tire model is almost 2X as complex as rf2's and on cold tires the car can not be pushed like it can in the other sims .. try using the Ferrari on default loose set and taking a bit of camber out of the front ..its very sensitive for feel and small changes make a big difference .. also try driving a lap or 2 in bumper cam where you don't have the body roll throwing you off ..this helped me understand just how the psyx work in pc2 .. I can tell you this drives more like my real cars then any of the other sims (BMW 328) .. players are just "used to" a certain way so then anything different that they cant control yet turns them off .. That's fine as its just a game .. The GT3 cars have there own feel in pc2 and yes its different than what you might be used to but its actually more arcuate then any of the other sims IMO ..
    IDK What wheel you have but there are a lot of adjustments to make that will totally change everything depending on what you want & you can map the FFB sliders to buttons and adjust it while driving to fine tune it to your liking ..Next time you get the erge give it a try & If you want I can help you with the wheel/FFb settings !:D The road cars are superb in this sim as well so maybe we have a road car series .. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

a lot of drivers have this game but just don't race it, maybe it would be good to get their feedback on what kind of cars and tracks they would turn up for. for me I like gt3 and open wheels

7. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

I would probably give any series a try but here are a few suggestions for a single make series
    Vintage Touring - BMW 2002 Stance Works Edition
    Track Day B - Radical SR3-RS
    Track Day A - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI SVA
    TC1 - Clio Cup
    Road F - Audi A1 Quattro (Cup)
    Road D - Caterham Seven 620R
    Road C - Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny Street ( There is also a GT4 version of this car)
    Group A - Merc 190E, BMW M3, Sierra Cosworth (Histroic DTM)
    Ferrari Series - 488 Challenge
    I would like to point out that I have not tried many of these cars so I cannot make any comments on their suitability.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

Group 5 and GTO :p

9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

It's not a direct competitor I know, but I would avoid using this as we have a new AMS series using the same car starting next week.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

I vote for GTE or GT3 in that order. I feel like some of the best cars in the game are GTE but that grouping doesn’t get much play in online lobbies or leagues. A mixed class like IMSA would be fun too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

Any word on when the next season will be announced and start? I’m jonesing to race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Opps, I've missed this forum!
    GT cars, no matter which ones. Please keep the same slot time. To tell you the truth, haven't had time to try anything but gt3 cars, to much RRE...and ACC lately... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

How many of you have all the DLC ?

14. Henri Miettinen

I have

• Like Like x 1
  15. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Pro Driver

Haven't got any of them

16. Rob Milliken

We have some empty Saturday slots coming up here .. Im thinking about some special events , single events like a 2.5 hr multi class with proto's & GTE , day/night ectt ..
    or historic DTM 60 min race ..

These are just a few Ideas ..
    What are your thoughts ?
    All of you Please suggest any ideas you might have ! (except Larry :p)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

i have all DLC aswel

18. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

I have all the DLC

19. Henri Miettinen

Special events sound good. It could also have a score in use, so the best-adapted driver for a variety of cars would win. :)

20. Travis Brown

Travis Brown Pro Driver

How do I check if I have the dlc? I haven’t bought anything extra since I bought the game at Thanksgiving 2017, but it’s downloaded updates since then.

I like both of Rob’s ideas. Also, I’m in favor of fixed car setups if possible.