Questions

Discussion in 'TC Legends league Closed' started by Paul Anstey, May 23, 2020.

1. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Is there going to be a mandatory pit stop in this series?

Would like to know before I select my car.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Race info says nothing so anwer is no I guess... Just DL'ed car packs, is there any car too hungry for fuel (like M-B AMG)?

3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Looks that way but just wanted confirmation.

Been testing all of the cars and theres a few that maybe able to go without stopping :)

4. Would be a shame if some cars become useless if they need to stop and others do not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

I don't mind if we do longer races which forces every car to make pitstop...90 mins maybe.

6. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

I dont know yet what to choose (60's or 70's) i need to do some testing first and then i will register of course.. Do we know race day and time?
    Edit: Oh i just saw day is Thursday. I guess time is 19:00 GMT as we racing at GT Legends?

7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Yes. You can see the start times on the Events page :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

As JVG mentioned in an earlier post a 90 min race might not attract as many entries:(

9. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

The 90 minutes race, i think it will be too much.. I totaly agree with Phil..

10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I love the longer races but I think the 60 minute format is working really well and shouldn't be changed imo. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

I've just tested everything back to back and this mod is an utter mess.

The 2 classes can be combined as they all have the same general pace regardless of decade.
    4 cars don't need to pit in a 60 minute race - 3 of those wouldn't need to stop in a 90 minute race and the Porsche goes for nearly an hour 45...

Some cars don't seem to have tire wear, other cars that weigh nothing seem to have heavy tire wear.
    The thirstiest car on the grid is the little Beemer, followed by a 5.something litre in the Fairlane, then a 1.2l - The 6.3l in the Merc manages nearly the same MPG as the Imp, which gets through nearly twice as much as a Mk2 Jag...

Good luck! :confused:

If the model was better quality I'd take the Mk2 and listen to radio 4 while wafting around in the mid pack... I currently have no idea what to actually take

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Only tested the 60s cars. The handling and ffb seem to me to be unfinished whereas others seem to be OK. The fuel issue is why I asked the question and maybe more relevant if there's a number of cars who can go beyond the 60 minute.

13. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Oh no, let's not go there again!

14. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The 70's cars are the same - some are fantastic to drive. Others feel like they've been ripped from need for speed without having the physics updated.
    The most convincing for me is the Merc, and that's ignoring the fact it has a very optimistic number of gears (and pedals!)

15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

My vote would go to replacing
    Willow Springs with Horsma Trophy Circuit.
    Monaco with Thompson Road.

If we keep Monaco then imo there is a better version of the Monaco track here Monaco 66 : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-fix-monaco-1966.30086/

Other period circuits to consider are Bridgehampton and Riverside.

These are my opinions so don't burn me for them. I'm quite happy to go with the flow but John did ask for some recommendations. Is there another thread for this?

16. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

Proposal = Mandatory pit stop / 4 tire change otherwise some cars will not be able to compete on an equal footing,
    and does not remain selected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Can work both ways. With a mandatory pit stop no one is gonna pick the Jag. Without a pit stop they might well

18. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

That is correct.

• Like Like x 1
  19. John vd Geest

20. John vd Geest

I had noticed that. Doing the series like a multiclass between the 60's and 70's will prevent heated discussions about the car preformance when combined. Some cars can keep up, while others can't. It would narrow down the car selection greatly. As the series multi-class format stands now, we have these advantages:
    1. It will be more clear what car to choose within your own class.
    2. The changes of winning or getting on the podium have doubled. We will have 2 winners and 6 podiums.
    3. As the field per class is smaller, guys at the back will still feel success is possible.